Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Especially since they list the weight the various tie downs can hold.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's weird that there is nothing in there about the maximum bed weight or weight on the tonneau cover...
Not sure about the bed but in one of the footnotes it says the tonneau is not designed to hold any weight beyond the natural accumulation of snow and will be damaged if you stand on it.

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
Thank you! I like the way the automatic shifter handle operates. It's just like my 2012 Mini Cooper. It appears you just click it to the left while in Drive for sport mode and can move to manual +/- mode from there with up and down taps. (y)

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
165 Posts
Thank you! I like the way the automatic shifter handle operates. It's just like my 2012 Mini Cooper. It appears you just click it to the left while in Drive for sport mode and can move to manual +/- mode from there with up and down taps. (y)
Pretty standard stuff for any Hyundai since 2015 or earlier. Thank you, at least I can learn more about the vehicle no one has received yet. Where can we find the service manual for the SC? Will it be a subscription service like Honda and Toyota?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sadly they made the classic mistake of reversing the manual mode by making forward an upshift :rolleyes: so its steering wheel paddles FTW.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not sure about the bed but in one of the footnotes it says the tonneau is not designed to hold any weight beyond the natural accumulation of snow and will be damaged if you stand on it.
WHAT?! They were saying it holds 220lbs. before. That's sucks.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (eventually)
324 Posts
From the manual (which I'm still working on reading through, because I'm that kinda nerd) "The Roll cover is not designed for loading although it can support normal snow loads. No part of it can support any load from cargo or persons and the product might be damaged if somebody stands on it."

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
Sadly they made the classic mistake of reversing the manual mode by making forward an upshift :rolleyes: so its steering wheel paddles FTW.
It's the Bultaco of SAV's! :ROFLMAO:

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
Doesn't explicitly state tongue weight max? I couldn't find it...
IIRC the tailgate and tongue weight was rated for 500lbs in the many video reviews. Of course the Trailer Hitch manual/paperwork should state that clearly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I never caught the tongue weight on any video. Tailgate, yes. Payload, yes. Etc. But not tongue.

I must have missed it but I was specifically looking out for it as it is a deal breaker for me. It is interesting how the Ridgeline is rated for 5000lb towing but has a 600lb tongue weight max. I need 500lb for sure, which is what eliminated the Maverick for me.

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
I never caught the tongue weight on any video. Tailgate, yes. Payload, yes. Etc. But not tongue.

I must have missed it but I was specifically looking out for it as it is a deal breaker for me. It is interesting how the Ridgeline is rated for 5000lb towing but has a 600lb tongue weight max. I need 500lb for sure, which is what eliminated the Maverick for me.
Personally I wouldn't want to be at the maximum if it is confirmed to in fact be 500lbs by Hyundai. You might be out of luck. Like one of the other posters stated here about towing, I would typically limit towing to a lower amount than maximum rated just to be safe and have a positive towing experience. If I find an actual rating I will post it up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, my trailer weighs 3200LB dry and 3800LB fully loaded and has a 380LB tongue weight.

Hence me looking for 5000lb tow and 500lb tongue weight rating. I like to follow the 80% of max rule of them, hence no Maverick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts