Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limited, Sage Gray
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figure this might as well be the catch all for anyones experience with missing hardware or manufacture defects.

Got home today and found that the bolts for both left and right fenders were missing near the front doors.

Also strangely it looks like Hyundai used an expanding foam material inside of the fenders, possibly as structural reinforcement from wind against the panels or sound deadening?

This isn't a huge deal, I'll get new bolts from Hyundai and have them installed but I fully expect to find more random bits like this as time goes on.

If you're missing these bolts in the door or any other hardware let me know in this thread!

·
Registered
44 Posts
From looking at the production videos, those people on the assembly line have one job to do. Looks like the guy/gal stepped away for a bit while yours rolled through. Thanks for raising awareness. I had to check mine.

·
Registered
221 Posts
That's rather shocking to me! :oops:
Based on all the anti Ford rants in this forum seems like Hyundai must have hired former Ford employees, or in a case of corporate espionage, Ford planted saboteurs. Not to worry, the NIS will root out the culprits.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If the SC bed is like my Tacoma that is the bed and not a liner. So the screws basically attach the bed to the truck and you have to wonder how safe it is to drive it without them.

I think build quality will improve in time once the initial startup glitches are handled, but anyone buying a SC built early in production might be taking a chance.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Noticed last night I'm missing bed liner screws 😢

View attachment 2302

Can't believe I missed it at the dealership. Emailed my sales guy, hopefully he'll mail them no questions asked.
Mail them? Why wouldn't you want them to do the install and go over the vehicle to ensure everything else is in place? Hyundai factory QC and dealer pre-delivery missed this, wow!

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
482 Posts

View attachment 2302

Can't believe I missed it at the dealership. Emailed my sales guy, hopefully he'll mail them no questions asked.
That is crazy!! I don't want to blame the Alabama production plant, but I will. Our Korean produced Elantra had none of that.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
482 Posts
Figure this might as well be the catch all for anyones experience with missing hardware or manufacture defects.

Got home today and found that the bolts for both left and right fenders were missing near the front doors.

View attachment 2246

Also strangely it looks like Hyundai used an expanding foam material inside of the fenders, possibly as structural reinforcement from wind against the panels or sound deadening?

View attachment 2247

This isn't a huge deal, I'll get new bolts from Hyundai and have them installed but I fully expect to find more random bits like this as time goes on.

If you're missing these bolts in the door or any other hardware let me know in this thread!
The only problem will be that your new screws will not be color-matched. They will be aluminum or black.

·
Registered
Hampton Gray Limited AWD
23 Posts
Mail them? Why wouldn't you want them to do the install and go over the vehicle to ensure everything else is in place? Hyundai factory QC and dealer pre-delivery missed this, wow!
The dealership I bought it from is 3 hours away unfortunately.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
262 Posts

View attachment 2302

View attachment 2246

View attachment 2247

There's probably no correlation but I'd be curious to know the 6 digits after the NH in your VIN as well as that of @nick. NH001658

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
262 Posts
Not even an early one! :rolleyes:
I hope @Mbassani posts his VIN sequence #. I was hoping to see if the #'s were close enough that we could conclude it happened on the same shift.

Early/late, it shouldn't matter. This is basic, easy stuff. It's a clear human error.

Multiple human errors actually since it was also missed on 2 inspections (one being the dealer's inspection.)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Multiple human errors actually since it was also missed on 2 inspections (one being the dealer's inspection.)
Yeah - the missing screws were not hard to spot, so the factory inspections must be pretty poor. I don't count on anything as far as dealer inspections, because they are either not done or at least not done very well. I always wonder about all of the things that you can't easily see when you find something like those easily spotted missing screws.

You would think that by the time they built that truck they might have had the assembly process sorted out.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
482 Posts
Yeah - the missing screws were not hard to spot, so the factory inspections must be pretty poor. I don't count on anything as far as dealer inspections, because they are either not done or at least not done very well. I always wonder about all of the things that you can't easily see when you find something like those easily spotted missing screws.

You would think that by the time they built that truck they might have had the assembly process sorted out.
One of the problems is that ALL manufacturers are having trouble finding and keeping help. Some of this may not be second nature to them yet.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts