Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

Which is styled better Santa Cruz or Maverick?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which vehicle Santa Cruz or the Maverick styling suits you?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS
19 Posts
The Maverick suits me better but that's because I grew up around boxy cars so I have a fond love of boxy styles, but I voted Santa Cruz cuz it looks so **** good. I absolutely love the DRLs. I wanna know how the lower level Mavericks are going to be with no LEDs on the top part of the headlight, I imagine that will be one of the first aftermarket things you can get for them. Still think that Cruise Control not being standard is a big miss for the Maverick.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I prefer the Santa Cruz 98%. The Maverick is just okay, it does nothing for me style-wise, same as the Honda Ridgeline. But if reviews of the SC turn out negative, the Maverick will suffice.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
896 Posts
The Maverick doesn't have any style, its a generic truck shape similar to what any grade school child would draw. Its old school boxy and thus tough looking, so it will appeal to traditional truck and off-roader types. This style is currently retro-cool... like the PT Cruiser was before people got sick of it.

Much of the interest in the SC is due to its styling direction. Its sleek, fresh, modern and unique. The looks alone have generated lots of buzz. I think the design team did an outstanding job. Its an odd mix of shapes yet somehow works together. The ultimate judge will be in person since photos can be deceptive.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hyundai is actually moving a step forward with its new design language and making something new. The Maverick is basically a shrinky dink version of Ford's existing trucks that will appease their existing clientele.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Maverick suits me better but that's because I grew up around boxy cars so I have a fond love of boxy styles, but I voted Santa Cruz cuz it looks so **** good. I absolutely love the DRLs. I wanna know how the lower level Mavericks are going to be with no LEDs on the top part of the headlight, I imagine that will be one of the first aftermarket things you can get for them. Still think that Cruise Control not being standard is a big miss for the Maverick.
Welcome @dribblybob! Yeah Hyundai's new lights for the Santa Cruz and Tucson are second to none right now. I think some Maverick owners are going to get a rude awakening for what $20,000 gets you these days for a vehicle.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
3 things I won't compromise are
  • port-injection or dual-injection (this rules out Maverick and all other domestic trucks)
  • a truck bed
  • ventilated seats (currently only Tundra and SC offer, and Tundra is an expensive overkill)
thus no choice but SC that checks all the requirement

·
Registered
617 Posts
The SC is much more attractive, but its attractiveness also changes with trim. Only the top trim gets cool black chrome instead of a painted silver grill, which may not look good on all colors, at least to me.

The Maverick looks fine in XLT or Lariat trim (XT silver steelies look bad), if rather boring.

Interior wise the SC looks much nicer, but with all the gloss black and general materials used, it also is something that feels a bit fragile. The Maverick has a very 3D printed look with a lot of cheaper looking but very durable non-glossy hard plastics, meaning if you wanted to be rough with it and just throw dirty crap in without a thought or have a dog with scratchy nails, the Maverick has a more durable feel to it. Its like a dress shoe versus a hiking boot.

·
Registered
896 Posts
The SC is much more attractive, but its attractiveness also changes with trim. Only the top trim gets cool black chrome instead of a painted silver grill, which may not look good on all colors, at least to me.
Plastic Dip is your friend.

I agree the Maverick's interior is more rugged while the SC is clearly more upscale. Personally I find the Mav's interior is too cheap looking to justify its price at the higher trim levels.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Plastic Dip is your friend.

I agree the Maverick's interior is more rugged while the SC is clearly more upscale. Personally I find the Mav's interior is too cheap looking to justify its price at the higher trim levels.
I had thought about Plastic Dip - but not sure how it would work with the lights shining thru part of the grill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts