Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been looking g for the perfect Santa Cruz...but now here in Colorado, $4500 over MSRP, guess I'll pass
While shopping for my SC, i called few dealers out of state. I think this may be the most expensive market adjustment to date.
The Hyundai dealer in Reno, NV was, and most likely still is, adding market adjustment of $15,000

·
Registered
157 Posts
There’s over 400 just on autotrader still for sale and this car just hit the US a few weeks ago.

If only there was a way to communicate without having to drive to every dealership.

I guess I’m just not the kind of person who gives up.
Anyone try "True Car," app yet. Before we bought the Palisade, True Car had a phenomenal deal on a Honda Pilot EX-L. Then I drove the Palisade to the Honda dealership on a test drive to compare. No real comparison there, and our trade, a 2008 Odyssey Touring had been far from trouble free, so it didn't take much to try a new brand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been looking g for the perfect Santa Cruz...but now here in Colorado, $4500 over MSRP, guess I'll pass
I used the build and price feature on Hyundai USA to find my SC. Found one that was in transit and bought at MSRP with a cash (Debit) deposit over the phone. That feature gives you the window sticker details and price and just had to wait for delivery. All of that was done 200 miles away from me at Rowe Hyundai in Auburn ME

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dealers need to have inventory to turn over. That has not been the case. So unless dealers are hoarding vehicles off site, i don't see them in hurry to do extraordinary deals.
The SC is gone from the list... hmmmm. So is the rush over or are these crazy over MSRP dealers stuck with something they can't sell? Or are people just waiting for the right SC to arrive, for example the color or trim options on the lot aren't popular. Whatever the reason this gives me hope I might be able to get one this year.
No and yes. There are butts for every seat. Eventually any vehicle will sell if the price is right. But most potential buyers have gotten over their fever driving these ridiculous mkups.
At this point in time MSRP is the discount. The military and finance incentives are the icing on the cake.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,002 Posts
Prices should be coming back to MSRP now. My local dealer now lists 17 Santa Cruz! And I found 3 that match my brothers spec on or in transit locally now.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
My local dealer now lists 17 Santa Cruz! And I found 3 that match my brothers spec on or in transit locally now.
The last 4 weeks of inventory within 250 miles of me have been:
49, 58, 111 and 161 units
Nice steady increase in units at local dealerships, so we might be turning the corner in terms of availability.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The last 4 weeks of inventory within 250 miles of me have been:
49, 58, 111 and 161 units
Nice steady increase in units at local dealerships, so we might be turning the corner in terms of availability.
What the ****… send one up this way, waiting for my factory order has me chomping at the bit…

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
What the ****… send one up this way, waiting for my factory order has me chomping at the bit…
To be fair this is all units. If I remove ones I am not interested in (due to trim or color) the list is more like 3 or 4.

·
Registered
113 Posts
To be fair this is all units. If I remove ones I am not interested in (due to trim or color) the list is more like 3 or 4.
That is what I find. When I filter for a Limited that is not black or white I get just a handful of vehicles and when I contact the dealer they are already sold. It I search across the US I can find some that are available but at stupid high markups.

And the search goes on. I might delay my search until next year, when all of this might improve. Or not.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Another option for SC hunting is the app CoPilot. I was able to find mine thru it. You can say how far you are willing to go. It lists a lot of info including if the vehicle is considered a good deal by how much over MSRP it is listed for. It'll say something like this seems to be selling for $3500 more than expected. I was very happy with how well it worked.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts