Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all! Obsessing over Santa Cruz things, and I guess I didn't realize that some models of Santa Cruz have physical temperature controls on the digital dual-zone climate stack until today -- is this specific to Canadian models (ex. in the Trend edition)? Really, just curious, and I think it's interesting all the little things that differ between countries.

Things I'm not sure about:
- Red trim on the seats and on the dash -- is that country-specific?
- Do all Canadian models that have driver door unlock have physical buttons on the door handles (US Limited models do not have physical buttons on the handle, just touch-sensitive areas)
- I believe Canadian models have a snow setting and/or terrain setting and US models do not

Anyway, none of this is major or anything, but I definitely find it interesting! Hope you enjoy, too!

Automotive design Computer Gadget Audio equipment Vehicle

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hello, all! Obsessing over Santa Cruz things, and I guess I didn't realize that some models of Santa Cruz have physical temperature controls on the digital dual-zone climate stack until today -- is this specific to Canadian models (ex. in the Trend edition)? Really, just curious, and I think it's interesting all the little things that differ between countries.
American version SEL with Activity Package (with the best Sirius Station tuned in \m/). Manual climate controls that are very different than yours. In this case, I like my knobs better than your levers. Don't mind the volume/tuning tumblers as I never use them.

I will say one thing that I don't like is the Max A/C setting on the temperature gauge all the way down. There are times I turn the temp down too far and the A/C kicks on and I don't realize until it's freezing in the cab!

Vehicle Plant Automotive design Audio equipment Vehicle audio

·
Registered
1,881 Posts

Those are the infamous orange accents. In Canada you get them with the Green seats but in the US this same option is called Dark Gray. No idea why the same greenish gray seats are called two different things they are not county specific.

- I believe Canadian models have a snow setting and/or terrain setting and US models do not

US gets Snow mode too, but not the other terrain modes.

In the US there are THREE center console HVAC control types:
Product Rectangle Font Window Cabinetry

White Gadget Font Grey Material property

The trim break down is SE and SEL get the dials, the Premium gets the rockers/rollers and the Limited gets the button-less touch screen. Most of this confusion came from Hyundai showing the Limited in almost all the promotional materials and press review units, so the dials were a surprise to many.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
- Do all Canadian models that have driver door unlock have physical buttons on the door handles (US Limited models do not have physical buttons on the handle, just touch-sensitive areas)
Yes - all physical buttons, including the Ultimate trim. There are no touch sensor door handles - and I'm cool with that, except it also means we don't get the digital key card/phone as a key options here. That made me sad, as I was looking forward to that. Oh well.

·
Registered
2022 Preferred w/Trend Package
125 Posts
I have the Trend edition with the bottons and really like it a lot more then the touch screen that came in the ultimate trim and we get the terrain mode that has snow mud and sand mode =)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes - all physical buttons, including the Ultimate trim. There are no touch sensor door handles - and I'm cool with that, except it also means we don't get the digital key card/phone as a key options here. That made me sad, as I was looking forward to that. Oh well.
Very interesting, I had no idea about the digital key/phone option difference. I like the idea of the digital key except I think you have to put the card key/phone where the Qi charger is or somewhere down there -- I always have stuff down there and they don't have an iPhone version of the digital key anyway, either. Oh well, c'est la vie!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Apparently they're now forecasting our first blizzard to roll in Wednesday night. It will either track around us and we'll get next to nothing, or we could get up to 30" by Friday. Guess I'd better put the cover on the smoker just to be safe. sigh But I'll get to test out snow mode and the new winter tires if it hits! LOL

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently they're now forecasting our first blizzard to roll in Wednesday night. It will either track around us and we'll get next to nothing, or we could get up to 30" by Friday. Guess I'd better put the cover on the smoker just to be safe. sigh But I'll get to test out snow mode and the new winter tires if it hits! LOL
I hope that you have more fun in the snow this time around if it hits! I remember my dad taking us out to the high school and doing donuts in the Pinto when we were kids and lived where it snowed!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I vaguely recall in the early 80s ... dad had a brown 4-dr Pinto wagon. Some memories right there! Lost my favourite marble when he got rid of it. New owner probably just threw it away. The little things that haunt our lives. LOL

·
Registered
997 Posts
... Lost my favourite marble when he got rid of it. New owner probably just threw it away The little things that haunt our lives. LOL
Maybe that marble still haunts both of your lives! Perhaps it drove him crazy, rolling here and there under the seats, making random clinking noises every time he went around a corner or hit a bump!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I vaguely recall in the early 80s ... dad had a brown 4-dr Pinto wagon. Some memories right there! Lost my favourite marble when he got rid of it. New owner probably just threw it away. The little things that haunt our lives. LOL
Never know! My childhood home had a blue marble embedded in a concrete step leading into the house. And my sister and I both had pictures of it on our phones as memories ironically (we are twins...so that whole twin-thing really happens). And we visited with the modern owner of the house, and she said that marble was one of her favorite things about the house! So, you never know!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don’t have snow mode on my limited in the USA.

Those are the infamous orange accents. In Canada you get them with the Green seats but in the US this same option is called Dark Gray. No idea why the same greenish gray seats are called two different things they are not county specific.

US gets Snow mode too, but not the other terrain modes.

In the US there are THREE center console HVAC control types:
View attachment 4023
View attachment 4024

The trim break down is SE and SEL get the dials, the Premium gets the rockers/rollers and the Limited gets the button-less touch screen. Most of this confusion came from Hyundai showing the Limited in almost all the promotional materials and press review units, so the dials were a surprise to many.

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate, Sage Grey, Dark Green two-tone leather
231 Posts

Those are the infamous orange accents. In Canada you get them with the Green seats but in the US this same option is called Dark Gray. No idea why the same greenish gray seats are called two different things they are not county specific
Are they actually DARK GRAY OR DARK GREEN in the US version. They are DARK GREEN in CANADA
Probably the same as exterior PHANTOM BLACK AND TWILIGHT BLACK

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
(we are twins...so that whole twin-thing really happens).
Oh yes it does! Grew up with identical twin older brothers. It was like one brain in two bodies. LOL They were very literally inseparable until one of them passed away a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I don’t have snow mode on my limited in the USA.
FWD? seems to be an AWD only feature:
Font Output device Screenshot Event Multimedia

Are they actually DARK GRAY OR DARK GREEN in the US version.
Per Hyundai's website:
US = Dark Gray Leather w/ Orange Accents
Canada = Dark Green 2-tone

Same seat just with a different name:

Plant Vehicle Car Car seat cover Automotive design

They have a noticeable green cast when compared against the center arm rest.

This is just another example of Hyundai's poor color photography which has confused people since the various colors were first announced. Based on the promotion photo below I can see why someone in the US labeled this color Dark Gray.
Grille Rectangle Tints and shades Font Gadget

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.