Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I want to be first in line for a Santa Cruz, is it too early to place a deposit for a reservation on the first one? How early is too early? When do I place a deposit with a dealer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Moterey, have you made any progress in finding info on placing orders or making a deposit on one of these trucks?

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
6 Posts
Hello Moterey, have you made any progress in finding info on placing orders or making a deposit on one of these trucks?
Hi all,
I'm just wondering why everyone is so gaga over another 4-door truck. When I first saw the the extended cab Santa Cruz I was hot for it.
Since the photos of a crew cab, unusable bed truck has been released I've lost my passion for it.

So change my mind.....why another 4-door?
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
You must be an El Lobo solo (lone wolf). lol. I am am like you I like my alone time but honestly when you think about the extra person carrying capacity as well as more lockable storage if not carrying people. I cannot ever imagine going back to a extracab truck, (i drove and extended cab chevy for along time). I love having the open bed to be able to put things in and out with relative ease. I am a very social person and I offer to drive when colleges want to go to lunch and there is plenty of room for 4 adults. Thats just me. lol. If they do not make some announcement soon I am going to go ahead with the full size Toyota or Honda Ridgeline. lol

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
6 Posts
You must be an El Lobo solo (lone wolf). lol. I am am like you I like my alone time but honestly when you think about the extra person carrying capacity as well as more lockable storage if not carrying people. I cannot ever imagine going back to a extracab truck, (i drove and extended cab chevy for along time). I love having the open bed to be able to put things in and out with relative ease. I am a very social person and I offer to drive when colleges want to go to lunch and there is plenty of room for 4 adults. Thats just me. lol. If they do not make some announcement soon I am going to go ahead with the full size Toyota or Honda Ridgeline. lol
Hey Tater,
I usually carry one, but I don't like the looks of a four-door, plus all that bed space is lost.
It looks like the 4-dr Santa Cruz barely has room for a camping trip, let alone to be able to sleep in the back when we feel "outdoorsy".

I've got a Taco and love it. I'm sure you have read the reviews. Tacoma has done almost nothing in terms of moving into the 20's.
Honda seems to be a much better and well-developed vehicle....if it weren't for the 4-doors I would have one.

The way it stands I'd rather have a RAV4 than a 4-door 1/3 of a bed pickup.

·
Registered
743 Posts
@Monterey sometimes dealers will create their own internal waiting list you can get on. I suggest getting on that if your dealer has one. It will be your biggest advantage aside from closely following news on the Santa Cruz order book.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Taco,
I am glad you got a truck you are happy with. I am on the verge of getting a Honda Ridgeline or Tundra, I would have the Tacoma if I was not so big. I feel like a giant in a toy truck. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts