Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

Santa Cruz Sales Materials, General Website & Accessories Links

5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Innate 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I'm trying to make sense of the 7pin trailer connection.

The accessories and installation guides seem to contradict one another on the matter. There is seemingly no 7 pin noted in the available accessories. It shows a 4 pin standalone accessory.

In the 4 pin standalone accessory it states; "The Genuine OEM 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Trailer Hitch Harness connect with ease and provides trailer lighting power and connections/circuits for trailer brakes and is 4-pin. " That just can't be correct.

Then it shows the hitch kit, which includes the 4 pin wiring and the actual hitch. It looks like it is the same 4 pin connection in both images. But then further down, in the actual installation guide of the hitch itself, it shows how to correctly install the 7 pin receptacle/plug.

So there is a 7 pin input. But no 7pin wiring illustrated or mentioned.

Lastly, I haven't heard or seen anything related to a plug and play connection in or around the dashboard for a brake controller. Anyone have information on that by change?

#6 ·
I'm trying to make sense of the 7pin trailer connection.

The accessories and installation guides seem to contradict one another on the matter. There is seemingly no 7 pin noted in the available accessories. It shows a 4 pin standalone accessory.

In the 4 pin standalone accessory it states; "The Genuine OEM 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Trailer Hitch Harness connect with ease and provides trailer lighting power and connections/circuits for trailer brakes and is 4-pin. " That just can't be correct.

Then it shows the hitch kit, which includes the 4 pin wiring and the actual hitch. It looks like it is the same 4 pin connection in both images. But then further down, in the actual installation guide of the hitch itself, it shows how to correctly install the 7 pin receptacle/plug.

So there is a 7 pin input. But no 7pin wiring illustrated or mentioned.

Lastly, I haven't heard or seen anything related to a plug and play connection in or around the dashboard for a brake controller. Anyone have information on that by change?
Same here.. confused about the 7 PIN harness. The towing "kit" shows a 7 pin... but hard to tell if the harness is 4 or 7 pin. I'm looking for 3rd party brake assist as well. I'll post if I see anything.

#10 ·
Good to know. While I don't intend to do a lot of towing, I still want to make sure all the equipment is there for the odd day that I DO want to use its capabilities to do so. So I'll be hunting for a 7 pin harness and a trailer brake to add on. Even if I never need it ... I want it there just in case. Better to be over-equipped!

#12 ·
Hope a proper color build site comes online at some point to play with...
At this point we almost don't need a build site. This link gives you all the standard equipment per trim, there is just one option (the SEL's Activity Pack), drive wheel choice (FWD or AWD), everything else is a simple add-on accessory. Beyond that we have the exterior and interior color choice matrix those too are pretty straight forward with just a few exceptions.

In retrospect the only thing the reservation system didn't offer up was the Activity Package and interior color choices. The Activity Package is really just another trim level, its an SEL with some of the Premium items thrown but without the turbo engine.

#17 ·
Was the gray interior dropped from all colors?
These color choices are the most confusing thing... like what happened to Green? Canada only? :unsure:

If your talking about the Dark Gray Leather (with Orange Accents) then you can't get that on Gray, Blue and Sand exteriors - > Santa Cruz interior color choices If your talking Gray Cloth then it was just missing from Sand, but maybe Blue too now?

I see the L0F62AU600 Auto-Diming Mirror for the SE trim listed. Anyone know the cost of that?
$295 per this list -> Pricing is live

#20 ·
Thank you Chuck for your first hand insider information. So now I'm just back to the Sage with the dark gray leather with orange piping - acccents. TOO BAD!!!! I really like the way the black fender guards show up against that light blue though maybe a tad too light.

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.