Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Frustrated former Maverick order holder here.

Last month when I gave the Santa Cruz a serious second look, dealers in my area (MD, PA, VA, DE) all had in-stock units in several trim levels available.

I have a very long steep hill I have to climb to get to my street. The 4 cyl Tacoma I owned couldn’t get out of its own way climbing the hill.

I liked everything about the SEL but wasn’t particularly impressed with the performance of the engine, too much like the Tacoma.

However, I drove the SEL Premium and I was hooked

Don’t get me wrong, the SEL is the best value and with the activity package I believe the sweet spot of the Santa Cruz line-up.

At that time once we decided on trim level, it was a matter or which color (white, sage or black) in-stock unit did we want?

I checked the dealers website yesterday and it showed 2, none in transit. I started checking other area dealer websites and almost all showed 1 or 2 with several in-transit.

I can’t help but think other frustrated Maverick order holders are taking a first, or like me a second look at a Santa Cruz. And buying one instead of Maverick.

Are SantaCruz in short supply in your area?

·
Registered
70 Posts

Last month when I gave the Santa Cruz a serious second look, dealers in my area (MD, PA, VA, DE) all had in-stock units in several trim levels available.

I have a very long steep hill I have to climb to get to my street. The 4 cyl Tacoma I owned couldn’t get out of its own way climbing the hill.

I liked everything about the SEL but wasn’t particularly impressed with the performance of the engine, too much like the Tacoma.

Don’t get me wrong, the SEL is the best value and with the activity package I believe the sweet spot of the Santa Cruz line-up.

At that time once we decided on trim level, it was a matter or which color (white, sage or black) in-stock unit did we want?

I checked the dealers website yesterday and it showed 2, none in transit. I started checking other area dealer websites and almost all showed 1 or 2 with several in-transit.

I can’t help but think other frustrated Maverick order holders are taking a first, or like me a second look at a Santa Cruz. And buying one instead of Maverick.

My story as well. Was looking for a Maverick. None to be found. Decided to look at the SC. Saw a couple in the $40K plus range. Not what I wanted.

Finally found a dealership about 40 min drive away that has one slated for them. They emailed me spec sheet, including VIN, for my review.

I liked it. Good thing, as could not find anything else showing up locally in the next few months. Was told if I wanted to order one it could be another 4 - 6 months.

I gave $500 deposit to put my name on a Sage Gray SEL AWD. Expected delivery late May.

Gusto!

·
Registered
70 Posts

My story as well. Was looking for a Maverick. None to be found. Decided to look at the SC. Saw a couple in the $40K plus range. Not what I wanted.

Finally found a dealership about 40 min drive away that has one slated for them. They emailed me spec sheet, including VIN, for my review.

I liked it. Good thing, as could not find anything else showing up locally in the next few months. Was told if I wanted to order one it could be another 4 - 6 months.

I gave $500 deposit to put my name on a Sage Gray SEL AWD. Expected delivery late May.

Gusto!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yes and I am in Hyundai's biggest market (Florida). I've been tracking inventory since September and noticed a peak in units around in November. Its been downhill ever since.

You can check released VIN's at Grafana to see what is coming off the line and which dealer is getting what. Make sure to sort by date to get the newest listings at the top.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes and I am in Hyundai's biggest market (Florida). I've been tracking inventory since September and noticed a peak in units around in November. Its been downhill ever since.

You can check released VIN's at Grafana to see what is coming off the line and which dealer is getting what. Make sure to sort by date to get the newest listings at the top.
Awesome link! I was able to find the vehicle I put a deposit on. It was added to the system on May 4th. Wonder how that translates into a dealership delivery?

Thanks for posting this valuable info. Looking for a SC? See what’s going where and call the dealership!

Gusto!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
This was surprising.
Actually not surprised at all, we've seen a few pop up asking stupid money. However with 9K in mileage this one might take the cake. As the saying goes: a fool and his money are soon parted. I will not pay a cent over MSRP which explains why I still don't have a SC. I'll just keep driving my current truck until this car market corrects itself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Finally found a dealership about 40 min I gave $500 deposit to put my name on a Sage Gray SEL AWD. Expected delivery late May.
Gusto!
UPDATE

Just got off the phone with the dealership.

EXPECTED DELIVERY JUNE 4. Which happens to be our 45th Wedding Anniversary.

Happy Camper Dance!!

Gusto!

·
Registered
15 Posts

We currently have 2 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Premium available at Cronin Hyundai. And a SEL AWD. We have more on the way!

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts

Are you sure you want to move up to the stylish and powerful Santa Cruz over the Ford Maverick? Ford is much more customer oriented and listens to their customers...
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design

:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Im my experience inventory has always been tight. When you say all dealerships had in-stock units, did you actually confirm that? That was my initial impression until I actually started calling around. All these cars listed on dealer inventory were sold weeks ago, and enroute ones were already pre-sold. Hyundai's inventory system is a joke.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Im my experience inventory has always been tight. When you say all dealerships had in-stock units, did you actually confirm that? That was my initial impression until I actually started calling around. All these cars listed on dealer inventory were sold weeks ago, and enroute ones were already pre-sold. Hyundai's inventory system is a joke.
Yes
Winner Hyundai Dover DE
Lancaster Hyundai East Petersburg PA
Heritage Hyundai Towson MD
Hyundai of Chantilly Chantilly VA
Fitzgerald Hyundai Gaithersburg MD
In stock units confirmed by Email then telephone call.

Heritage and Fitzgerald have more than one Hyundai store and combined inventory is shown on individual store websites. The Santa Cruz I purchased was transferred from Fitzgerald’s Rockville MD to Gaithersburg MD store. Only Gaithersburg participated in Costco Auto Program.

Lancaster Hyundai told me they had Santa Cruzes available but would not sell to out of state customers.

Initially I wanted a Hampton Gray SEL and Heritage had one but as I wrote earlier, I was not impressed with the non-turbo’s performance. Heritage had Sage Gray SEL Premiums but I hate paying extra for color but after taking the Premium out for a test drive, I was impressed—this is the one for me.

We drove to Fitzgerald and they had 2 Ice White and 2 Sage Gray Premiums.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes
Winner Hyundai Dover DE
Lancaster Hyundai East Petersburg PA
Heritage Hyundai Towson MD
Hyundai of Chantilly Chantilly VA
Fitzgerald Hyundai Gaithersburg MD
In stock units confirmed by Email then telephone call.

Heritage and Fitzgerald have more than one Hyundai store and combined inventory is shown on individual store websites. The Santa Cruz I purchased was transferred from Fitzgerald’s Rockville MD to Gaithersburg MD store. Only Gaithersburg participated in Costco Auto Program.

Lancaster Hyundai told me they had Santa Cruzes available but would not sell to out of state customers.

Initially I wanted a Hampton Gray SEL and Heritage had one but as I wrote earlier, I was not impressed with the non-turbo’s performance. Heritage had Sage Gray SEL Premiums but I hate paying extra for color but after taking the Premium out for a test drive, I was impressed—this is the one for me.

We drove to Fitzgerald and they had 2 Ice White and 2 Sage Gray Premiums.
I see, I bought mine from Chantilly (pre-purchased one in transit). I wasn't able to lay eyes on Sage Grey anywhere until my delivery. I found one hampton SEL Premium locally I was able to test drive, but I was set on a Limited. There were really good offers in March (0% apr).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts