Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
The Cruz is definitely a little taller!! Still love the old Bajas though. Bet you had some really mixed feelings about letting it go. Hope its replacement serves you as well as it did - and as long.

·
Registered
510 Posts
How does the bed height compare, SC vs Baja?

·
Registered
96 Posts
@Jim 99 , that is one clean Baja turbo. Rare and desirable vehicle. Congrats on the SC. I have a dark blue Baja turbo 5-speed that I will sell once I find a SC Limited. I get nods, thumbs up, positive comments, and fun questions every time I drive the Baja. I’ll miss it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the compliments on the Baja. It was a great little truck. Was a happy/sad day to watch it drive away, but I’m really enjoying the new Santa Cruz.

There is so much tech in the Santa Cruz that I don’t know how to use, but it will be fun figuring everything out. Thanks to all the people that post on this forum I knew more about the truck than anyone at the dealership.

Have added a couple of accessories already, first a water bottle/dish for our little dog and then an organizer tray for the console, otherwise the console compartment is just a big black hole to toss crap into.

Note to RoadsterDoc: Check Facebook Marketplace, Ebay and Craigslist for pricing info when selling Baja. The Baja’s are selling for some crazy prices!

·
Registered
Black Limited
88 Posts
I have an 2003 Baja (yellow) that I didn't get rid of when I got my 2021 Ridgeline last year. Never did fall in love with the Ridgeline. Sold it to Carvana for a grand over my cost to get the SC Limited. Debating about selling the Baja but I love that little sucker so. Only 110K and it's immaculant. Out of curiosity, can I ask what you got for yours?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$6,500 with 185,000 miles. Ran an ad on Facebook market place and Craigslist for one day. Had over thirty people asking about it and three that said they had cash. The first one that said he had cash ended up buying it.

·
Registered
Black Limited
88 Posts
$6,500 with 185,000 miles. Ran an ad on Facebook market place and Craigslist for one day. Had over thirty people asking about it and three that said they had cash. The first one that said he had cash ended up buying it.
Nice! Bet you wished you woulda asked more if it went that quick, huh? Was it in pretty good shape?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was in excellent running condition and one small dent in left rear bumper. I'm very pleased with the selling price and don't have the space for an extra vehicle, just glad it sold quick. Sent you a private message.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How does the bed height compare, SC vs Baja?
I measured the tail gates when down from top of gate to ground. Baja 28" & Santa Cruz 31 1/2" The seat is (guessing) 8" to 10" higher, the Baja you sat down into and the SC I just slide my butt onto the seat (I'm 5'6"). The SC is a larger vehicle all around than the Baja was, but still much smaller than Tacoma, Ranger, GM. Much smoother ride than the Baja and WOW! the tech difference is unbelievable. 15 years newer is a huge jump in engineering from Baja to SC.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on the Baja. It was a great little truck. Was a happy/sad day to watch it drive away, but I’m really enjoying the new Santa Cruz.

There is so much tech in the Santa Cruz that I don’t know how to use, but it will be fun figuring everything out. Thanks to all the people that post on this forum I knew more about the truck than anyone at the dealership.

Have added a couple of accessories already, first a water bottle/dish for our little dog and then an organizer tray for the console, otherwise the console compartment is just a big black hole to toss crap into.

Note to RoadsterDoc: Check Facebook Marketplace, Ebay and Craigslist for pricing info when selling Baja. The Baja’s are selling for some crazy prices!

View attachment 2321 View attachment 2322 View attachment 2323
Would you want to share your 3D printer design file? Looks like a great addition to the truck.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
Now THERE'S a good excuse to finally get a 3D printer! :) Just have to figure out a reason my wife needs one so I can pretend that I'm doing it for her, not me....

·
Registered
Black Limited
88 Posts
Now THERE'S a good excuse to finally get a 3D printer! :) Just have to figure out a reason my wife needs one so I can pretend that I'm doing it for her, not me....
Here's a tip. Be prepared to spend way more time than you ever dreamed it would take to get comfortable with a 3D printer. I thought it would be a piece of cake being an old IT guy and having a degree in ElectroMechanical Technologies. But... I was sadly mistaken. :unsure:

·
Registered
96 Posts
…WOW! the tech difference is unbelievable. 15 years newer is a huge jump in engineering from Baja to SC.
Haha yeah, I can imagine. 15 years ago I had a flip phone. Was exited about the crappy camera. I could text by pressing the numbers 1-3 times for each letter. 😝

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Should sell them on here, could prolly make a bit of profit that way.
It's about 16 hours of print time and no one is going to pay a reasonable amount for one. Hopefully someone in China will see the tray and do a knock off for $4.99. I'm retired and I don't have time to be making the trays to sell for what little I could sell them for, I'm too busy doing the fun things, like flying drones over some streams and lakes this afternoon.

Here is one of my favorites, Salt River Valley just North of Mesa, AZ

·
Registered
11 Posts
I always wanted a Baja. When they being sold new it just never worked out for different reasons and then I was always afraid to purchase a used one because I kept hearing they were known for bad head gasket issues so I stayed away from them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts