Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
Just don't smile too much, you might attract people from other "exclusive" clubs. 馃ぃ

My wife tells me that when someone she doesn't immediately recognize, waves at her, she instantly grabs the pepper spray and puts the hammer down. I personally think she watches too many horror movies, but I can't argue with her vigilance.

Registered
My wife tells me that when someone she doesn't immediately recognize, waves at her, she instantly grabs the pepper spray and puts the hammer down. I personally think she watches too many horror movies, but I can't argue with her vigilance.
She must not live in the suburbs. Here in TX if someone drives by in your neighborhood you just wave to them even if you don't know them, lol!

Registered
SEL w/ 鈥楢ctivity Pkg鈥 in Sage
I haven鈥檛 seen my Sage doppelg盲nger in a month, with three sightings in passing back in March. Last time was in our school zone and I waved but nothing back.
A few weeks back, I had a stranger wave at me, and I thought it must be a friend of that other SC guy, lol!
Living in a rural small town, I do a lot of waving, and that鈥檚 why I would never tint my windows.
鉁 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just don't smile too much, you might attract people from other "exclusive" clubs. 馃ぃ

馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀 I鈥檓 only friendly to SC drivers! They can鈥檛 be bad, can they? Those Jeep drivers though鈥. 馃槈

Registered
I haven鈥檛 seen my Sage doppelg盲nger in a month, with three sightings in passing back in March. Last time was in our school zone and I waved but nothing back.
A few weeks back, I had a stranger wave at me, and I thought it must be a friend of that other SC guy, lol!
Living in a rural small town, I do a lot of waving, and that鈥檚 why I would never tint my windows.
鉁 馃榿
I have to tint my windows! It's to protect others..................

Gusto!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
鉁 馃榿
You don鈥檛 live in Welcome, NC, do you? There is a Sage doppelg盲nger in my area and I鈥檝e seen it once, my bf a couple times. It鈥檚 crazy that there are hardly any on the road but one exactly like mine within a couple miles

Registered
SEL w/ 鈥楢ctivity Pkg鈥 in Sage
You don鈥檛 live in Welcome, NC, do you? There is a Sage doppelg盲nger in my area and I鈥檝e seen it once, my bf a couple times. It鈥檚 crazy that there are hardly any on the road but one exactly like mine within a couple miles
I know, right?!?
I live on the island of Martha鈥檚 Vineyard and my town has 2,000 year-round residents and two of us have SC Sages? Why I plan to dip my grill and add the hood deflector. 馃槈
I expect to see more come summer.

Still, I scan every parking lot for him, hoping for a photo op.

Registered
2022 limited
It鈥檚 great! I saw a black SC ahead of me in traffic a month ago. I fought through the congestion. He was going to turn right as I came next to him. He saw me and continued straight to wave and give a quick honk. He then turns the next street and we parted in our way.

I do get a fair amount of approving head nods for other vehicles too. I briefly owned the new bronco and my SC gets more looks than it did. I love it.

Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
I've had my Cruz for six months and have yet to see another one on the road.
As for how to wave at another Santa Cruz, how about this? 馃

Registered
"Hopeful" 2022 Limited, 2004 TJ, 2017 VFR1200X, 2008 Volvo XC70
馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀 I鈥檓 only friendly to SC drivers! They can鈥檛 be bad, can they? Those Jeep drivers though鈥. 馃槈
As a Wrangler guy and biker, I tend to wave alot. Once in my jeep I waved at a bike...lol. once I get rid of the jeep I'd be ok with a Cruz wave. These are rare, like subaru Bajas. So wave and always park next to each other. I always liked finding another baja in the wild and would routinely pull over and take Baja selfies... lol

Registered
I've had my Cruz for six months and have yet to see another one on the road.
As for how to wave at another Santa Cruz, how about this? 馃
I think it works. I used to live in Hawaii and this was how bikers waved. Always got weird look when I did it on the mainland... would love to get this going. The jeep wave started the same way when a lady got a group to start doing it.

Registered
I seen my first in the town I live in a couple of weeks ago, I waived, the guy glared at me like I was a d-bag for waiving. Lesson learned, not all Cruz owners are cool.
It's the same with jeepers and bikers. I have an old TJ and some of the people in their newer jeeps and gladiators think they are better and don't wave. What ever. And some Harley bikers think that they are above waving to non Harleys even though my Honda adventure bike has probably done more miles than their harley and less time in the shop. I wave any ways. Be the better Cruz'er.

Registered
I saw my first Santa Cruz (besides mine) out in the wild this morning! I noticed the truck behind me so I slowed down a bit so he could catch up. As he passed we both smiled and waved. We have our own exclusive club!! 馃槀 Anyone else have similar experiences? It made my morning. 馃憢
I've tried a couple of times - but the other person either didn't see me or ignored me 馃檮 馃槄

1 - 20 of 38 Posts