Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I saw my first Santa Cruz (besides mine) out in the wild this morning! I noticed the truck behind me so I slowed down a bit so he could catch up. As he passed we both smiled and waved. We have our own exclusive club!! 😂 Anyone else have similar experiences? It made my morning. 👋
So I've had mine since September and have seen 6-8 in the wild so far. However only 1 that we actually ended up side by side. And yes, we waved, gave the old Hawaiian "Hang Loose" hand gesture, smiled, laughed, and continued on our merry way but yes, it's cool because there aren't a ton of us which is great. I get lots of compliments and questions all the time. My favorite is when people pass and you can see the passengers physically crane their necks around to see the front of the Cruz. Lol. You just know they've never seen one before. And we should be a club. Do little mini convoys with others in our respective areas. Lol
I used to think Tesla's were unique but now I see them multiple times a day. Especially white ones for some reason. Funny thing is, the Ford Maverick has supposedly outsold the Cruz by far yet I have yet to see one in the wild, and I've been looking. ;)

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Blue Stone SEL
14 Posts
Just don't smile too much, you might attract people from other "exclusive" clubs. 🤣

My wife tells me that when someone she doesn't immediately recognize, waves at her, she instantly grabs the pepper spray and puts the hammer down. I personally think she watches too many horror movies, but I can't argue with her vigilance.
I saw my first Santa Cruz (besides mine) out in the wild this morning! I noticed the truck behind me so I slowed down a bit so he could catch up. As he passed we both smiled and waved. We have our own exclusive club!! 😂 Anyone else have similar experiences? It made my morning. 👋
[/QUOTE]
I drove all the way from Indiana to Georgia and never saw another SC. Back in town, I saw an SC in the same color as mine (blue) in a Walmart parking lot. We stopped and had a chat. I’ve had mine since January and he’d purchased his just 2 weeks ago. Both of us are happy with our new vehicles!

·
Registered
‘22 Santa Cruz SEL Ice White
35 Posts
I’ve seen a few in my area but always from a distance. I ended up right next to a Maverick the other day on the Interstate. We ended up getting off the same exit and turns out he lives a few blocks away. No waiving or anything. Just kind of admiring how much cooler my SC looks than the Mav. 😎

·
Registered
"Hopeful" 2022 Limited, 2004 TJ, 2017 VFR1200X, 2008 Volvo XC70
72 Posts
So I've had mine since September and have seen 6-8 in the wild so far. However only 1 that we actually ended up side by side. And yes, we waved, gave the old Hawaiian "Hang Loose" hand gesture, smiled, laughed, and continued on our merry way but yes, it's cool because there aren't a ton of us which is great. I get lots of compliments and questions all the time. My favorite is when people pass and you can see the passengers physically crane their necks around to see the front of the Cruz. Lol. You just know they've never seen one before. And we should be a club. Do little mini convoys with others in our respective areas. Lol
I used to think Tesla's were unique but now I see them multiple times a day. Especially white ones for some reason. Funny thing is, the Ford Maverick has supposedly outsold the Cruz by far yet I have yet to see one in the wild, and I've been looking. ;)
Well on a quick pass by all ford's look the same. Basically square upfront and almost identical on the back side. The Tuscan is the only other vehicle with the same front as Cruz and nothing else is shaped like a Cruz. The Subaru Baja is its closest contender and that's from 2003-06.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve been driving my Santa Cruz since August of 2021. (It’s 5/10/2022) I’ve seen exactly 4 in 6,000 miles between Fl and NC. (I have a few other vehicles lol). three were white and one was green, and they were all base models. We were immediately friends.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Only seen 1 in Maryland it was Sage, I have a white one. It gets plenty of compliments particularly at the local coffee and cars meeting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same here, have not seen any other since I purchased mine in Oct 2021!
Havent seen another one yet. I picked the SC up December 23rd. Drive it every day from Daytona Beach to Orlando. Get a lot of aproval looks, but not yet from a SC. Dealer said Florida was sold more SC then most States. WHERE are they?

·
Registered
2022 Stone Blue SEL AWD
61 Posts
You don’t live in Welcome, NC, do you? There is a Sage doppelgänger in my area and I’ve seen it once, my bf a couple times. It’s crazy that there are hardly any on the road but one exactly like mine within a couple miles
Saw a sage one yesterday at what I would call the old K-Mart on Hwy 150, figure it was probably an employee at one of the stores because it was parked out next to the road. Not Welcome but only a few miles away. Have seen six now so maybe time to stop counting.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I discussed the 'Santa Cruz Wave' with Mrs. ToadVine. She said, "I refuse to do any secret handshakes" and then flipped me off. (The ol' gal still has that touch of class that originally warmed my heart, all those years ago. 💕)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Finally happened to me last weekend. We looked crazed.

·
Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
430 Posts
I discussed the 'Santa Cruz Wave' with Mrs. ToadVine. She said, "I refuse to do any secret handshakes" and then flipped me off. (The ol' gal still has that touch of class that originally warmed my heart, all those years ago. 💕)
Sounds like both our wives have a "bristle" quality that is quite similar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Saw a sage one yesterday at what I would call the old K-Mart on Hwy 150, figure it was probably an employee at one of the stores because it was parked out next to the road. Not Welcome but only a few miles away. Have seen six now so maybe time to stop counting.
That must be the one all my friends are seeing. I hear there are a couple in Salisbury as well.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts