Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Santana:

If tonneau over was roll top or bi-fold/tri-fold, it wouldn't be any more expensive than those currently on 'compact' trucks.
Just have partially unrolled/only two sections when bed is closed; then completely unrolled/all three sections when extended.

Tonneau is to keep my hockey gear safe after a game when we go to the bar to celebrate/drown sorrows. Wouldn't want equipment in cab.

A cap is a little more complicated; but if Hyundai can make the bed extend, someone will make an extending topper.
There are topper for Dodge Rampages and Subaru Bajas.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Santana:

If tonneau over was roll top or bi-fold/tri-fold, it wouldn't be any more expensive than those currently on 'compact' trucks.
Just have partially unrolled/only two sections when bed is closed; then completely unrolled/all three sections when extended.

Tonneau is to keep my hockey gear safe after a game when we go to the bar to celebrate/drown sorrows. Wouldn't want equipment in cab.

A cap is a little more complicated; but if Hyundai can make the bed extend, someone will make an extending topper.
There are topper for Dodge Rampages and Subaru Bajas.
I bet it can be done at a price that will still be very attractive but it might mean they cut out on development elsewhere. At the same time they don't need to be 1:1 with every other pick-up truck maker out there in this segment.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The extending bed is the coolest feature of this concept imo, and I think more automakers should consider adjustable beds. Limited cargo capacity has been the key feature keeping full sized pickup owners from downsizing.

·
Registered
729 Posts
the biggest question will be what type of pickup buyer will Hyundai target because that alone determines a lot and can change the SC's direction

21 - 26 of 26 Posts