Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Black Limited
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have seen the thread on hauling bicycles but nothing on cycles or ebikes. Still haven't had to haul my two ebikes in the SC yet. Works great in my Baja with my removable chocks but with the tonneau cover on the SC I think I'll loose almost a foot of usable space. Anyone tried theirs yet? I know a Harley would be a tough call even though I've done it in the Baja. Just backed up to a little hill with the tailgate down and rolled the HD in backwards at an angle and left the front wheel hanging off the lowered tailgate. Worked good and went 500 miles like that (back from the Blackhills of SD). Could try the same with the ebikes but that would be sort of a pain for manhandle them up a 6' ramp backwards. Hate to get a trailer so I'm racking my brain on what to try short of removing the tonneau each time (yuk)... Any ideas?

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Trunk Automotive exterior
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Plant Bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
Hampton Grey Limited
284 Posts
if you are few inches short, could you possibly cut out say an inch thick piece of plywood to fit the bed of the SC that is a few inches long? use some hooks/bolts near D rings and fasten it in place then put your bikes in. Seems like a bit of work but the plywood would be removable when not in use. just tossing out an idea.

·
Registered
Black Limited
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you are few inches short, could you possibly cut out say an inch thick piece of plywood to fit the bed of the SC that is a few inches long? use some hooks/bolts near D rings and fasten it in place then put your bikes in. Seems like a bit of work but the plywood would be removable when not in use. just tossing out an idea.
That's an idea. A bit more work taking on/off and for storage than I wanted. Thought about making some sort of semipermanent mounted slideout, almost of like a drawer, that stays in the bed and slides forward to close the tailgate and then slides out to extend the bed. I'd loose more height than a single sheet of plywood but wouldn't have to wrestle it in and out by leaving it attached. Could make loading/unloading the bed a lot easier too for everyday use instead of struggling to pull stuff over the empty tailgate. I know somebody makes something like this for trades people to fit tools in on full sized PU's but not for smaller ones.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have seen the thread on hauling bicycles but nothing on cycles or ebikes. Still haven't had to haul my two ebikes in the SC yet. Works great in my Baja with my removable chocks but with the tonneau cover on the SC I think I'll loose almost a foot of usable space. Anyone tried theirs yet? I know a Harley would be a tough call even though I've done it in the Baja. Just backed up to a little hill with the tailgate down and rolled the HD in backwards at an angle and left the front wheel hanging off the lowered tailgate. Worked good and went 500 miles like that (back from the Blackhills of SD). Could try the same with the ebikes but that would be sort of a pain for manhandle them up a 6' ramp backwards. Hate to get a trailer so I'm racking my brain on what to try short of removing the tonneau each time (yuk)... Any ideas?

View attachment 3202 View attachment 3203 View attachment 3205 View attachment 3204

View attachment 3202 View attachment 3203 View attachment 3205 View attachment 3204
I got a bike rack set starting with a rack attach swing out hitch accessory and a one up brand rack for both of my evoked.The web site for 1 up should list both pieces. You have to ask for the ramp that attached to the rack end so you can roll the bike up and never lift it. Take a look at the one up web site, it’s all made in USA!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got a bike rack set starting with a rack attach swing out hitch accessory and a one up brand rack for both of my evoked.The web site for 1 up should list both pieces. You have to ask for the ramp that attached to the rack end so you can roll the bike up and never lift it. Take a look at the one up web site, it’s all made in USA!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got a bike rack set starting with a rack attach swing out hitch accessory and a one up brand rack for both of my ebikes. The web site for 1 up should list both pieces. You have to ask for the ramp that attached to the rack end so you can roll the bike up and never lift it. Take a look at the one up web site, it’s all made in USA!

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.