Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
440 Posts
My dealer just told me that Hyundai did away with that tan color on the SC. Said he can no longer even order it. Didn't give a reason. Anyone heard this?
About a month ago @Chuck reported that Mojave Sand would be discontinued.

· Registered
2022 Hampton Gray Santa Cruz
556 Posts
I heard the same thing. Maybe they consider it a launch color or something. Thing is, that's the very color I wanted. :(

I gave up on getting one and went for Hampton Gray when I realized my color choices were very limited.

Seems like Gray, Black and Green are what are coming out of Alabama right now, and even White (the most popular "color" in the U. S.) has become hard to find.

· Registered
2 Posts
Wanted to buy a Santa Cruz but those are the ugliest 6 choices EVER! My wife called the sand color "diarrhea." My best friend told me that if I bought the blue color, which I consider to be an Easter egg that escaped, he would revoke my "guy card." That leaves black, white, and two shades of gray. Gee! Incredibly inspired choices. The person in charge of deciding the colors should be fired. I can only hope that there are some new, actual colors added for the 2023 or my only other choice to get a "trucklet" is the Ford Maverick. Don't like it as much, but at least it has actual colors to choose from. Must be the reason the Maverick is kicking bleep out of the Santa Cruz in sales.

· Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
973 Posts
Must be the reason the Maverick is kicking bleep out of the Santa Cruz in sales.
Ford has sold approx. twice as many Mavs as Hyundai has sold SC's. Given the fact that the Mav costs half as much, I would expect better sales. The two really are for two different demographics.

· Registered
2 Posts
Ford has sold approx. twice as many Mavs as Hyundai has sold SC's. Given the fact that the Mav costs half as much, I would expect better sales. The two really are for two different demographics.
Not really. Car industry classifies both as "trucklets." Maverick is only 2" longer. Really can't use either to haul stuff like a regular sized pickup truck (I currently own a Colorado). Base price difference is about $4,500, but that is a really stripped down Maverick so I would expect most people would add some things. However, my point was that the Santa Cruz colors are the worst overall color choices I've ever seen in my 70 years of life. Between work, friends, and family, I have shown over 50 people the color choices and I've got 100% agreement on that. Would love to purchase the Santa Cruz but since it will be the last vehicle I'll purchase in my lifetime there is no way I'm buying that vehicle in any one of those ugly colors. Even the Hyundai dealer that I went to (that I've bought from before) agreed and told me that the ONLY color he has sold is black.

· Registered
2,092 Posts
Actually, Maverick should be outselling SC 4times or greater and they may well be, if not the supply issues.
Maverick is Fords entry level car now, cheapest they offer.
SC was always meant to be low volume seller, Hyundais bread and butter are the likes of Tucson and Santa Fe, Kona etc… wait times are 6 months to a year… I’m surprised they dedicate time in their Alabama assembly plant to the SC at all, given how backed up they are… currently, they’re producing about 3000 SCs a month and selling everything they build…

· Registered
'22 SEL Premium in White
158 Posts
No surprise they're building as many SC as they can right now. Plenty of Maverick waitlisters who are taking a second look and defecting to the SC. Not all of them- but enough.

And good. I hope that Hyundai sells these things like hotcakes and the aftermarket options follow.

· Registered
'23 Limited AWD Blue Stone
2,536 Posts
I agree the color choices on the SC aren't very good but it seems pretty short sighted to settle for another vehicle because of this one factor. Why not get gray or black (resale value leader) and have it wrapped in a different color? Sure its expensive but the general public has spoken: white, grey/silver and black cars are pretty much all that sell these days, its sad. Now in person Blue Stone is a beautiful color, so go ahead and take my man card... I've got backups.

· Registered
2,092 Posts
. Now in person Blue Stone is a beautiful color, so go ahead and take my man card... I've got backups.
For those secure in their manhood, opinion of others don’t matter 😂😁… it would be a boring world if we all had the same taste…
I’ve owned black vehicles and wife wanted and currently drives a white Honda. like you, black and white are Everywhere these days…

· Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
973 Posts
Not really. Car industry classifies both as "trucklets." Maverick is only 2" longer. Really can't use either to haul stuff like a regular sized pickup truck (I currently own a Colorado). Base price difference is about $4,500, but that is a really stripped down Maverick so I would expect most people would add some things. However, my point was that the Santa Cruz colors are the worst overall color choices I've ever seen in my 70 years of life. Between work, friends, and family, I have shown over 50 people the color choices and I've got 100% agreement on that. Would love to purchase the Santa Cruz but since it will be the last vehicle I'll purchase in my lifetime there is no way I'm buying that vehicle in any one of those ugly colors. Even the Hyundai dealer that I went to (that I've bought from before) agreed and told me that the ONLY color he has sold is black.
My point being: most 20 somethings can barely afford $20k for a vehicle; much less north of $40k. Hence the different demographic is purely income driven.

If you don't like the color choices, don't buy one; plain & simple. Personally, I think it is pretty stunning in Hampton Gray with tint & black wheels, but I buy a vehicle for me; not for 50 other people.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.