Reactions: JMII

·
Registered
Phantom Black Limited AWD
180 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
In general, I tend to like the interiors of the newer Kia’s better and the Hyundai’s exterior
like to see what Kia would do with the new Sportage face, if ever they decide on a compact pick-up

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Interesting... makes sense that they would want to leverage the platform. I wonder if the Kia version would move down market or be the hybrid SC just to give them something slightly different. The Palisade/Telluride has been very successful so making a larger uni-body pickup sounds totally possible.

I just wish Hyundai would announce what the sales goals for the SC are, this way we could judge if its successful or not. Such numbers would provide a clue as how much future effort is going into this platform. For all we know the SC could be one-and-done or it could be the start of multiple H/K product offerings.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
748 Posts
I overheard during lunch that some Kia designer said Kia's working on a new design/vehicle in California for next year
we know that SC is from California, so maybe that's true we'll see Kia's version of SC

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just read on CarBuzz.com that Kia Australia is shelving their plans for a Kia ute to compete with others like the Toyota Hilux. There are a couple of good concept vehicle photos.
(Sorry, but I haven't figured out how to link the article to my post using my phone.)

·
Registered
733 Posts
... I just wish Hyundai would announce what the sales goals for the SC are, this way we could judge if its successful or not. Such numbers would provide a clue as how much future effort is going into this platform. For all we know the SC could be one-and-done or it could be the start of multiple H/K product offerings.
Around here, they are selling while still "in transit" as fast as they make them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts