Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By the looks of it, none of the trims come with dual exhaust. It also appears the SC engine configuration makes this a WAI vs CAI. Are there any kits for a dual exhaust out yet that fits? Any solutions/work around to the WAI vs CAI? Thank you!! Keep on Cruzing.

·
Registered
2022 SE AWD - Phantom Black
189 Posts
I've been looking at that. It doesn't seem like there's enough room underneath to run duals. I think I'm going to get a single Flowmaster 40 with dual out and do turndowns. I think all you'd have to do is ask your muffler shop to shorted up the pipe a little bit from the Cat to the muffler to make it fit. Granted, I've never seen a 4-cylinder with a Flowmaster. Might sound awful. My last two pickups, to get a Flowmaster, were a V8 Dakota and a Ram 2500 V8.

That's not a huge priority, so it may never actually happen.

·
Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
602 Posts
I've been looking at that. It doesn't seem like there's enough room underneath to run duals. I think I'm going to get a single Flowmaster 40 with dual out and do turndowns. I think all you'd have to do is ask your muffler shop to shorted up the pipe a little bit from the Cat to the muffler to make it fit. Granted, I've never seen a 4-cylinder with a Flowmaster. Might sound awful. My last two pickups, to get a Flowmaster, were a V8 Dakota and a Ram 2500 V8.

That's not a huge priority, so it may never actually happen.
Check out YouTube for some sonata n line exhaust videos. That car has the 2.5t/DCT and there are some great options along with some terrible sounding versions too.

here is my favorite.

·
Registered
23 Posts
By the looks of it, none of the trims come with dual exhaust. It also appears the SC engine configuration makes this a WAI vs CAI. Are there any kits for a dual exhaust out yet that fits? Any solutions/work around to the WAI vs CAI? Thank you!! Keep on Cruzing.
Well…. It’s a 4 cylinder with one exhaust manifold so a dual exhaust wouldn’t even hook up properly. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well…. It’s a 4 cylinder with one exhaust manifold so a dual exhaust wouldn’t even hook up properly. 🤷‍♂️
Exactly. You have 1 manifold with 4 pipes going directly into a collector inches from the block. That goes into one catalytic converter. That's where your at. Opening it into duals or quads or whatever is just for looks since everything is choked by the catalytic converter/collector.

And a lot of factory vehicles gave duals that are hooked behind a single pipe. Some just have 2 tips coming from 1 muffler. If your going for looks then it's no issue. Go for it. The driver side exhaust will be beside the charcoal canister but there is room.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Here are some dual tips...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here are some dual tips...

Yeah, my literally my SC. Just dual tips, not dual “exhaust”

1 - 8 of 8 Posts