Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SEL AWD with Activity Package is great and has all of the right tech for me BUT I was surprised that it doesn't have the SCC/Adaptive cruise function for maintaining following distance with the cruise control engaged. After I RTFM'd it looks like where the SCC button would be on MY steering wheel it has the 'play/pause' (for pausing and resuming cruise) icon instead so I'm pretty sure it's just not there, or am I missing something?

Seems like all of the hardware is in place for this feature, wonder if it could be added with a software upgrade?

I love this feature in my Ioniq Plug-In, surprised this doesn't have it even though it has EVERYTHING else.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Only the Limited has SCC. This link has the complete break down of each model.

I doubt they would add it via software... and I bet its missing the hardware (radar sensor) in the grille anyway. Even the SEL Premium doesn't have SCC so its clearly a Limited only feature.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Only the Limited has SCC. This link has the complete break down of each model.

I doubt they would add it via software... and I bet its missing the hardware (radar sensor) in the grille anyway. Even the SEL Premium doesn't have SCC so its clearly a Limited only feature.
I actually got an alert a few days ago while a car was inching forward at a red light and I wasn't moving: "The car in front of you is moving" - not sure if the radar is there on my SEL or if that works on the lane assist camera.

I will say, this is the first cruise control I've had that it sets the speed when you turn it on. I'm used to turning it on as I get up to speed, then hit the "set" button. Taking some getting used to - but I guess they were short a button.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that link and info, at least I know I'm not blind or crazy. I'm going to stick with my thought (for now) that it is just software, however, because "Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) with Pedestrian Detection" requires the radar unit, no? I'll have to look for it.

Strange packaging by Hyundai to only offer the SCC on the very top-line model Santa Cruz, yet my SEL Ioniq Plug-In has it.🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thanks for that link and info, at least I know I'm not blind or crazy. I'm going to stick with my thought (for now) that it is just software, however, because "Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) with Pedestrian Detection" requires the radar unit, no? I'll have to look for it.

Strange packaging by Hyundai to only offer the SCC on the very top-line model Santa Cruz, yet my SEL Ioniq Plug-In has it.🤷‍♂️
Good point. All SC have FCA yet not all have the radar module in the lower grille so it must be using some other sensors.

And Hyundai does make some strange decisions... prime example: the Tuscon has memory seats yet the SC does not despite having the same interior :mad:

·
Registered
509 Posts
... And Hyundai does make some strange decisions... prime example: the Tuscon has memory seats yet the SC does not despite having the same interior :mad:
What about the self-parking? The Limited has all the hardware needed, just not enabled in the software. I guess they are holding some stuff back for the 2023 models.

Reactions: JMII

·
Registered
128 Posts
What about the self-parking? The Limited has all the hardware needed, just not enabled in the software. I guess they are holding some stuff back for the 2023 models.
The one thing the SC might be missing for the self parking is the ultrasonic/distance sensors.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'd like to try a front radar module. I imagine it is a standard part... likely the same as
Genesis/kia models

I suspect the system (fuse and wiring) is there for SEL Premiums because of the digital dash having a lot of commonality with the limited.

If the cruise control controller module is the same part number as the limited I bet it would function just by some type of boot-up/on start recognition of the radar module status.

Without it the feature might just show as unavailable on the dash; not something that is hard coded in the ECM to the VIN, it's an outside chabve for all of the above and just a theory.

Mounting the module and possibly calibration would also be an issue, ensuring the 10A fuse is present in the engine fuse box.

The front camera is also used for smart cruise control feature. It's already there on the Premiums because it's used for lane keeping assist and front vehicle departure

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
859 Posts
Your steering wheel controls for adaptive cruise vs. non would be different too. There is definitely a bit more different than a missing radar module. Programming is likely different too. Could be a very expensive rabbit hole to go down with no guarantee of results.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looking at the controls I didn't see a specific adaptive button in the manual. But perhaps I missed it. Granted when you go down that route it's prohibitive

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looking at the controls I didn't see a specific adaptive button in the manual. But perhaps I missed it. Granted when you go down that route it's prohibitive
The button layout on the steering wheel are the same. The functions for the cruise control are different. For example, In the non-limited, the bottom right button is a pause/resume. In the Limited, it's the adaptive distance setting for how much distance between you and the car ahead of you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts