Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t believe any are available specific for this model?Anybody know if the front seats were used in previous models?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I want to know too. Will be using it for jet skis which means the seats will be getting wet. This is one reason against getting a Limited.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've always been afraid of buying seat covers as most cars now have airbags in the seats and most covers, cover that area which can be dangerous.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,343 Posts
I have a set of Mini Cooper towel material seat covers similar to these that worked great for those hot days and damp shorts drives.

Seat Armour Seat Cover Checkered Union Jack Seat Towel

They are basically like a cotton beach towel with a slit for the headrest bars. They do move around if you twist on the seat, but are really great for seat protection and easy to throw in the wash anytime. No problem driving without a shirt in shorts either, because no skin touches the vinyl or leather.

Just thought I'd throw these out there. They aren't for everyone, but I like them when I need them. I keep them in my storage area in the car so they are handy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a set of Mini Cooper towel material seat covers similar to these that worked great for those hot days and damp shorts drives.

Seat Armour Seat Cover Checkered Union Jack Seat Towel
View attachment 2348
They are basically like a cotton beach towel with a slit for the headrest bars. They do move around if you twist on the seat, but are really great for seat protection and easy to throw in the wash anytime. No problem driving without a shirt in shorts either, because no skin touches the vinyl or leather.

Just thought I'd throw these out there. They aren't for everyone, but I like them when I need them. I keep them in my storage area in the car so they are handy.
Good idea. Can use when making garden to compost dump runs!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t believe any are available specific for this model?Anybody know if the front seats were used in previous models?
Hello, did anyone find a good waterproof/resistant seat cover for the Santa Cruz? are they similar to any other model?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just installed these seat covers I got on Amazon. Only the front seats for $99 after a $20 coupon, although they do sell a full set that includes the rear seat. Overall, they seem to fit quite well for a generic cover and feel good when sitting on them. They have openings on the side connected by straps so that the airbags can deploy (I hope). Install time was about 25 minutes for the first seat because it took time to find spots under the seat to connect the hooks, but only 15 minutes for the second seat. Haven't taken a long drive with them yet, and they certainly aren't Katzkin Leather, but for $100, they fit quite well, look sport enough (would you guys give me 5 extra horsepower maybe for the red stripe?) and hopefully they hold up. Oh, and a couple other things. I have black cloth seats on my SEL Premium. So the black faux leather blends nicely with the cloth, and since the cloth seats don't have any pockets in the back seat, these seat covers have two pockets that can hold small items, maybe even a tablet, so that's convenient.

And don't let the pictures fool you. The seat covers are black. Just as black as the rest of the interior. And they do come in various colors and designs. Look for SPEED TREND

UPDATE: Gave them a coat of 303 Protectant and adjusted the exposure of the camera. See the third picture.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design
Car Product Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle

Amazon.com: SPEED TREND Leather Car Seat Covers, Premium PU Leather & Universal Fit for Auto Interior Accessories, Automotive Vehicle Cushion Cover for Most Cars SUVs Trucks (ST-004 Front Pair, Black&RED) : Automotive

View attachment 3826 View attachment 3827

·
Registered
782 Posts
They certainly pass the "look real at first glance" test. Let us know how your glute's hold up to a long day's drive on these.

Are you sure about that airbag clearance?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just installed these seat covers I got on Amazon. Only the front seats for $99 after a $20 coupon, although they do sell a full set that includes the rear seat. Overall, they seem to fit quite well for a generic cover and feel good when sitting on them. They have openings on the side connected by straps so that the airbags can deploy (I hope). Install time was about 25 minutes for the first seat because it took time to find spots under the seat to connect the hooks, but only 15 minutes for the second seat. Haven't taken a long drive with them yet, and they certainly aren't Katzkin Leather, but for $100, they fit quite well, look sport enough (would you guys give me 5 extra horsepower maybe for the red stripe?) and hopefully they hold up. Oh, and a couple other things. I have black cloth seats on my SEL Premium. So the black faux leather blends nicely with the cloth, and since the cloth seats don't have any pockets in the back seat, these seat covers have two pockets that can hold small items, maybe even a tablet, so that's convenient.

And don't let the pictures fool you. The seat covers are black. Just as black as the rest of the interior. And they do come in various colors and designs. Look for SPEED TREND

UPDATE: Gave them a coat of 303 Protectant and adjusted the exposure of the camera. See the third picture. View attachment 3840 View attachment 3839 View attachment 3838

Amazon.com: SPEED TREND Leather Car Seat Covers, Premium PU Leather & Universal Fit for Auto Interior Accessories, Automotive Vehicle Cushion Cover for Most Cars SUVs Trucks (ST-004 Front Pair, Black&RED) : Automotive

View attachment 3826 View attachment 3827
Nicely Done! I got Dickies Heavy Duty seat covers from Walmart 39.99. They work, not nearly nice a fit as those. Those fit really nice..

·
Registered
264 Posts
They certainly pass the "look real at first glance" test. Let us know how your glute's hold up to a long day's drive on these.

Are you sure about that airbag clearance?
No. I can only gather that from hundreds of posts regarding these car seats as well as the various other brands that the gap is wide enough that the power of the deployment of the airbag would be strong enough to expand through the gap. I know, taking a risk here, but look at the red stripe down the middle!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used Covercraft seat covers for my previous truck, which had airbags that deploy from the side of the seats. Those covers, designed for specific vehicles, fit very nicely. The airbag deployment is accommodated by a very generous opening covered by a flap of material that is simply tucked in the opening to keep everything concealed. I've been hit by deploying airbags and that flap will NOT impede any airbag.

Covercraft does not have seat covers specifically for the Santa Cruz yet, nor for the '22 Tucson. Hopefully soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts