Registered
Black Limited
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,207 Posts
If you like to drive without a seatbelt (not recommended) those might also act as a buzzer canceler. There's times when am just moving the car a short distance that it would be nice to not have that dang dinger going (boat dock or moving a trailer around comes to mind). I'm 6'2" as well. The stretch and hunt for the plug seems to be getting harder (lower and tucked away) on many newer cars.

·
Registered
Black Limited
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If you like to drive without a seatbelt (not recommended) those might also act as a buzzer canceler.
Nope. Funny though, I hated it when they passed the seatbelt law way back when. Then when I had kids and had to buckle them I decided it was time for me too if just to set a good exacmple for them. Now, it's second nature but still hear of people getting thrown out and killed during a crash regularly. Hmmm... I wonder why?

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
The seatbelt dinger is RELENTLESS!! LOL My wife locked up her belt reaching for something on the floor the other day going home ... it doesn't ever stop until that belt is buckled. And holy hannah is it LOUD!! Like klaxons. Agreed that it's minorly annoying when moving a vehicle a few feet here or there, but then again, you're not going far, so it won't last long. When it went off on the highway it made me swerve!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nope. Funny though, I hated it when they passed the seatbelt law way back when. Then when I had kids and had to buckel them I decided it was time for me too if just to set a good exacmple for them. Now, it's second nature but still hear of people getting thrown out and killed during a crash regularly. Hmmm... I wonder why?
As a 19 year firefighter/emt, I still in 2021 see this on a regular basis. At times, people actually survive, but other times, we find them crushed under their own vehicle. Wearing a seatbelt is definitely better than the alternative.
As the father of 3, what upsets me the most though, is seeing kids that are unbelted in a vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts