Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My thoughts:

1. analog gauge is depressing, really don't like it, but it's SEL base trim so expected
  2. this SEL base doesn't have tonneau cover, and it seems that the tonneau cover can be removed, unscrew the bolts
  3. SEL base trim rear window is one piece, I like it
  4. tailgate is dampened

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hmm, doesn't look like there's any metallic flake / pearl to that white paint... might just be the pictures, but do you recall? No metallic looks very 'fleet' to me in white.

On the plus side, the silver grill blends in pretty well in white.

Thanks for the bed wide measurement, I'll have to put a tape to my Frontier tonight and see how it compares.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm honestly really disappointed with the interior on the lower trims. Feels only a slight step above my LS Chevy Cruze, but for 10k more. So really I am buying a bed and exterior looks for 50% more money... ouch

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, doesn't look like there's any metallic flake / pearl to that white paint... might just be the pictures, but do you recall? No metallic looks very 'fleet' to me in white.

On the plus side, the silver grill blends in pretty well in white.

Thanks for the bed wide measurement, I'll have to put a tape to my Frontier tonight and see how it compares.
Doesn't look metallic or sparkle to me, maybe because it was indoor, it does feel fleet though

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$2,000 of BS markup. 😔 It looks much better in white than I thought it would.
the funny part is, there's no tint, no wheel locks as far as I could tell this morning. Maybe they don't even intend to do the work knowing people aren't gonna pay so it would seem that they "discount" these and sell you at MSRP as a favor

·
Registered
896 Posts
$2,000 of BS markup. 😔
Truly shameful. Especially since none of those items are actually ON the vehicle. Maybe they realize nobody wants that crap, so their sales guy can be the hero and "get that taken off the price, for YOU only, managers special deal" :rolleyes:

Thanks for the bed height measurement (y) For reference my 2WD Dakota = 46.5" :oops: practically a low rider in comparison.

The iPhone in the brunk confused me... I was like what is THAT pink mirror thing :LOL:

·
Registered
2006 Frontier
56 Posts
If you go back...I reserved a white limited to get a Grey interior...would appreciate the following:
1) step in height
2) opened tailgate height (loading height)
3) if they have a sage grey...in your opinion is sage Grey close to Army green (olive green)?

Thanks for the above pix....yes ice white looks very "fleet" styled

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you go back...I reserved a white limited to get a Grey interior...would appreciate the following:
1) step in height
3) if they have a sage grey...in your opinion is sage Grey close to Army green (olive green)?

Thanks for the above pix....yes ice white looks very "fleet" styled
Thanks for the bed height measurement (y) For reference my 2WD Dakota = 46.5" :oops: practically a low rider in comparison.

The iPhone in the brunk confused me... I was like what is THAT pink mirror thing :LOL:
I thought about bringing a tape this morning but just forgot to grab it the moment I left, hence it was a approximated height estimate (measuring with my body/clothing marker and later measure at home of that marker)

I definitely won't go back to that one, but if Chuck finds some on the local dealer lot, I'll check them out and measure for you

also, the iPhone in question is a 11 Pro Max for size ref, seems to me the brunk is too shallow, but I appreciate having it nonetheless

·
Registered
896 Posts
SC = 32” confirmed for me during one of the live showroom events. For reference my Dakota = 29”
Ranger ground to top of load floor is 33" and the F150 is 34" based on spec sheets.

If anyone gets a tape measure I'd like driver mirror tip to passenger mirror tip, IE: the real full width. Roll both windows down and measure straight across. Also this same measurement with the mirrors folded in. When they list width in specs its always without mirrors which has never made any sense to me. For reference my Dakota is listed at 71.5" but mirror to mirror its 80"

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was totally against white until I saw this. Something about the white with the contrasting black trim and wheels. Nice, thanks for the post!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Did you notice the run marks in the bed storage...it was like it was leaking?
Yea, the gauge cluster is boring....
160 mph ????? Calling planet Dreamland
I don't like how jacked up the back is..... The wheels look so small in the wheel wells.. It''s like those white F150's you can see the white bed in the wheels wells...that's how they get the towing...jack the back up..

·
Registered
724 Posts
Did you notice the run marks in the bed storage...it was like it was leaking?
Those drip marks are outside of the rubber seal.

Yea, the gauge cluster is boring....
I like the Base gauge cluster myself. You get the old-school look of real gauges and it has a color center screen to boot. Just wish they put the turn signal lane change monitoring cameras on all trim levels. Guess you can't have the good stuff without ponying up the 💰.

160 mph ????? Calling planet Dreamland
Yee-Haw! That's for when you are towing down hill without trailer brakes and can't slow down. :ROFLMAO:

I don't like how jacked up the back is..... The wheels look so small in the wheel wells.. It''s like those white F150's you can see the white bed in the wheels wells...that's how they get the towing...jack the back up..
Doesn't seem that way at all too me. The one photo looking down at the wheel and tire is kind of wonky looking due to the lens. That self leveling system on the SC should be nice to have.

I think it's great that Hyundai offered the different trim levels in both FWD and AWD so each person can somewhat have what they are looking for in this SAV. If they didn't do that, many people might walk away simply because one thing turns them off (IE: Lack of a buttons and knobs might have done that for me, but they came through ). (y)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Checking my Avalanche 2WD at about the same spot..My Bed height is 55in

·
Registered
156 Posts
My 2014 Frontier (2wd, king cab, V6) is 48.5", so not too much taller but wish it wasn't taller at all.... I was just unloading some heavy bags of water softener salt by reaching over the sides thinking... gee, I hope the SC isn't any taller than this or I'd have to crawl into the bed to reach them :oops:

·
Registered
510 Posts
My 2014 Frontier (2wd, king cab, V6) is 48.5", so not too much taller but wish it wasn't taller at all.... I was just unloading some heavy bags of water softener salt by reaching over the sides thinking... gee, I hope the SC isn't any taller than this or I'd have to crawl into the bed to reach them :oops:
Makes that 2-way tailgate on the Ridgeline look real good, doesn't it?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts