Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not driven a Limited, but I did test drive an SEL Premium and I really liked the ride.

However, I've seen some reviews where folks have said that the Premium ride is "stiffer" and I'm wondering if anyone here has done a comparison between the two levels. Is there a significant difference?

I need the AC vents in the back seat area and that forces me to go up to the Limited trim level. And I'd prefer cloth seats over leather too. Otherwise, I'd be happy with the SEL Premium.

All feedback appreciated! :)

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limited, Sage Gray
36 Posts
My experience was the opposite actually.

The SEL Premium I test drove felt quite a bit more plush than the Limited I currently own.
Chalk it up to the additional sidewall on the SEL Premium vs the Limited.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I haven't seen any literature that says the Limited makes any changes to the suspension, so as said since the only difference is the wheel/tire package it would come down to that.

The non-Limited run 245/60/18 Kumo Crugens which aren't rated all that great, but not bad in comfort department:

The Limited are 245/50/20 Michelin Pilot MXM4, and they are sadly rated even worse, and of course are lower profile which should be stiffer:

tl;dr: The non-Limited should ride softer, since it has more sidewall and consensus of a higher comfort tire per reviews.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I haven't seen any literature that says the Limited makes any changes to the suspension, so as said since the only difference is the wheel/tire package it would come down to that.

The non-Limited run 245/60/18 Kumo Crugens which aren't rated all that great, but not bad in comfort department:
View attachment 2345

The Limited are 245/50/20 Michelin Pilot MXM4, and they are sadly rated even worse, and of course are lower profile which should be stiffer:
View attachment 2346
tl;dr: The non-Limited should ride softer, since it has more sidewall and consensus of a higher comfort tire per reviews.
Interestingly, My Limited came with Michelin Primacy LTX 245/50/20?! Could you check the ratings on that tire? Or, what is your source?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Interestingly, My Limited came with Michelin Primacy LTX 245/50/20?! Could you check the ratings on that tire? Or, what is your source?
Oh, maybe I'm wrong then, I had just googled OEM replacement tires. Tirerack is the best resource IMO, but there's only 7 reviews for that tire, way too little to make any conclusions. Checked the other big sellers, and same issue, not enough reviews to be meaningful.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Wish they had also included "Road Noise" in those ratings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts