Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people's thoughts on the pros/cons between the two different OEM tires on the SC?

SEL Premium - 18" KUMOs
Limited - 20" Michelins

Personally, I like the wheels on the 18" better than the 20's but that's just a personal preference. I also like that the 18's have more sidewall as it looks more akin to a truck than the thin sidewalls on the 20s. And do the 18s ride better than the 20's? I'm not sure about the KUMO tires though. Don't have any experience with them.

While I'd like to eventually upgrade to a more agressive looking tire like a Nitto Grappler, I'll probably stick with whatever tire comes on the trim level I end up getting. So for this reason, I'd like to get more feedback on the merits of the Kumos vs. Michelins.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,134 Posts
Kumho tires are okay. They do a lot of OEM business. Nothing overly exciting, but decent factory tires.

As far as wheels go, I haven't seen the 20s in person yet, won't until I get mine I'm sure, but I really like the 18s. I like them in pictures, I like them a lot in person. I agree about the additional sidewall on the 18s vs. the 20s - but I've always preferred taller tires vs. the low profile/large rim look. Some folks prefer that, and to each their own. I like the smaller diameter wheels with more sidewall on everything.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I noticed that the Hyundai inventory page is listing 18" wheels for Limiteds under "View details." I don't know whether this is just a typo error or if they have run out of 20-inch wheels or tires (or made a change to that design choice.)

Have any recent purchasers received 18" wheels on their new Limited?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
20s here. I tried to talk the dealer into swapping my 20s for the 18s on his demo ... but no dice. :(

·
Registered
79 Posts
if you bought a second set of rims, say 18", so i could have a winter set and a summer set, which set would you make snow and summer?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I am buying a set of 18s for my winter tires. Maybe one day I'll get a set for summers too. I found three online that fit and I kinda liked. I also went this morning to my local Fountain Tire to see if they have anything. They found ONE with the right pattern/bore/offset - the RTX OE Arai. Oddly, one of the three sets on my online search list! (RTX OE ARAI) They're only 20 bucks more than the online place, so I think I'm going to go ahead and order locally.
Did a quick and dirty photoshop job: (didn't adjust for tire profile ... just shoved them over the 20s. lol)
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Some of the workers there have RTX rims on their own vehicles and really like them. So now I have to figure out what tires to put on them. I was looking at the Nokian Hakkapelliitta R3, but nobody close to me sells them. Going to check my other options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts