Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read over 30 reviews on Surecritic...alll glowing. But several people expressed disappointment with the mileage.

I don't expect much from the turbo-I couldn't keep it off boost either.

But how are you doing with the base engine??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Read over 30 reviews on Surecritic...alll glowing. But several people expressed disappointment with the mileage.

I don't expect much from the turbo-I couldn't keep it off boost either.

But how are you doing with the base engine??
I don’t have a turbo. my hwy commute I get 30-32 mpg. Where I live is mostly flat.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD
33 Posts
25mpg normal city driving.
35mpg long highway road trip doing the speed limit with cruise control
I had the same results. I usually drive under the limit or around 65mph regardless. My lady and I did a 300 mile round trip. There was a stretch of highway that I was up to 40 MPG and by the time I refilled the tank after the trip it had leveled off to about 35 MPG for the round trip average. It drove great but we are in Oklahoma and Texas so mostly flat land and a few small hills and pike pass thru the toll booths.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't know how y'all get more than suggest the mpg 21-27. It's exactly what I get in City and Highway.
I have noticed that the electronic MPG gauges I have are extremely optimistic! On my 2007 Mustang it is 1 to 1.5 MPG better than actual miles per gallon after filling up. On my 2015 Colorado it is often about 1 mpg difference. On the Colorado though it is often very close when doing strictly hiway miles. This is over a period of 4 or 5 years of keeping track in a log book.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm averaging right around 25 accumulated at 600 miles total on a mix of county roads (50-65mph average) and city driving. SEL Santa Cruz, non activity.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are great numbers. I look forward to reading what Maverick 2.0 owners get.
My general bias though is...buy as close to a tradition powertrain as possible: no turbo, no DCT and no hybrid. Maybe I am old fashioned.

But I just computed to cost $51.00 at current gas prices to drive round trip to daughter's and back. (Grandkid sitting this week.) Was under $40.00 last year.🙁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts