Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Thank you - especially for the mirror measurements.
The mud guards are kind of small but any protection is welcomed.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
you're welcome, hopefully you can fit it through your garage
the mud guards are too understated for my taste, I haven't really looked into it, but it seems that if they are just held by screws, then maybe some aftermarket universal mud flaps give it more aggressive look

and finally after seeing Sage Gray, pretty much sure I don't want it. It doesn't seem to be a lively color.
that just makes it even harder as I only want limited blue now. Or Mojave Sand in a couple of weeks I shall see one in person maybe that'll change my mind

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
the mud guards are too understated for my taste, I haven't really looked into it, but it seems that if they are just held by screws, then maybe some aftermarket universal mud flaps give it more aggressive look
It will fit (y) I might need to fold the mirrors in to gain those few inches back to walk around it.

Agree about the mud guards. I don’t off road but I use some boat ramps that are basically just sand or crushed stone. My current Dakota has fender flares and mud flaps.

·
Registered
TBD
49 Posts
Wow those are tiny! I would be willing to bet they had to do that to maintain a certain vehicle classification to reduce the impact on CAFE. There's some weird standards that require a certain minimum ground height and approach/departure angles to be classified as something other than a passenger car (like an MPV or light truck). These count less toward CAFE than normal passenger cars. There are 17 or so states that actually require mud guards so Hyundai had to offer something. Given these two requirements, you end up with something like comically small mud guards.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thank you for the turn signal shots. One of the 1st mods I will do is convert to LED; along with the reverse lights.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow those are tiny! I would be willing to bet they had to do that to maintain a certain vehicle classification to reduce the impact on CAFE. There's some weird standards that require a certain minimum ground height and approach/departure angles to be classified as something other than a passenger car (like an MPV or light truck). These count less toward CAFE than normal passenger cars. There are 17 or so states that actually require mud guards so Hyundai had to offer something. Given these two requirements, you end up with something like comically small mud guards.
and I can imagine bigger mud guards also create more drag and worse for CAFE rating

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the turn signal shots. One of the 1st mods I will do is convert to LED; along with the reverse lights.
Please do, and let us know what the solution is for the rear turn signal for not hyper flashing.
The built in resistor canbus code free LED turn signal, such as lastfit, doesn't support certain Hyundai vehicles, I hope that's not the case for SC.

As for reverse lights and license plate lights, I'm going to put the brightest LED I can find, I think they are 6k lumen and $70 a pair

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
and I can imagine bigger mud guards also create more drag and worse for CAFE rating
Its a size thing, not a drag thing. This is why full size trucks and SUVs are so loved by OEMs - people buy them, they make big profits and are a CAFE loop hole since bigger = lower required MPG.

I am still wondering what the fender flares look like... and do they come with bigger mud flaps? The part number for the mud guards is different when you order the fender flares so I assume so.

·
Registered
651 Posts
As for reverse lights and license plate lights, I'm going to put the brightest LED I can find, I think they are 6k lumen and $70 a pair
OK, the reverse lights, I can understand. But the tag lights... why?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Please do, and let us know what the solution is for the rear turn signal for not hyper flashing.
The built in resistor canbus code free LED turn signal, such as lastfit, doesn't support certain Hyundai vehicles, I hope that's not the case for SC.

I converted the front & rear turn signals, fog lights, reverse lights, license plate lights & all interior lighting in my 2019 Soul + w/ Primo Pkg; no issues with hyperflash.
Driver's side is standard incandescent; passenger side is LED (for comparison purposes). They have been in for 2 years now; no issues. (y)

·
Registered
227 Posts

and finally after seeing Sage Gray, pretty much sure I don't want it. It doesn't seem to be a lively color.
that just makes it even harder as I only want limited blue now. Or Mojave Sand in a couple of weeks I shall see one in person maybe that'll change my mind
I don't know if you already seen it but this is the Mojave sand photo I got from a dealer

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know if you already seen it but this is the Mojave sand photo I got from a dealer
Yes, thanks, I think I know what it looks like but in person still might feel different, so far I've seen every color except Hampton Gray, Mojave Sand, and Blue Stone, hopefully more coming my neck of the woods for me to check out

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think it would look pretty ight with the Limited grill, and a few pieces of black trim, almost like an old Bronco or Army Jeep color. In this config though, I don't think I'd like it. I haven't seen one in person yet, sadly.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Since the beginning, there has been mass confusion over the colors of the SC -- whether HMA is changing them over time or whether lighting conditions are causing shifting shades. @soldthetaco, if you took any pics that show the colors as they truly appeared to your eyes, please post.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I converted the front & rear turn signals, fog lights, reverse lights, license plate lights & all interior lighting in my 2019 Soul + w/ Primo Pkg; no issues with hyperflash.
Driver's side is standard incandescent; passenger side is LED (for comparison purposes). They have been in for 2 years now; no issues. (y)
nice, what kind of LED is this that you put in the Soul?

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Since the beginning, there has been mass confusion over the colors of the SC -- whether HMA is changing them over time or whether lighting conditions are causing shifting shades. @soldthetaco, if you took any pics that show the colors as they truly appeared to your eyes, please post.
will do, I'll spare no detail when I find something interesting that hasn't been discussed here

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, the reverse lights, I can understand. But the tag lights... why?
lol, I really hate dim license plate lights, can't read well. My Miata and Tacoma got replaced with 6k lumen and it's so bright at night as if the license plate itself is a light source

·
Registered
104 Posts
nice, what kind of LED is this that you put in the Soul?
Turn signals:
Reverse:
License plate:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts