Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The “paint” or whatever the **** they coated this plastic with is pealing and comes off very easily with a finger nail.

Can anyone with the limited verify that this portion or part of a the plastic trim is shiny/glossy?

View attachment 8551
That‘s not the right finish for the Limited… should be piano black (high gloss) the picture looks like a mat finish

Looks like they put the lower trim finish on
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Trunk

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
937 Posts
The “paint” or whatever the **** they coated this plastic with is pealing and comes off very easily with a finger nail.

Can anyone with the limited verify that this portion or part of a the plastic trim is shiny/glossy?
Sorry to read that, I thought yours is an SEL premium? the stock wheels were 18", and it had the Silver grille, why are you wanting verification of a Limited?

·
Read Only
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have a SEL prem that's why I wanna know about the Limited. I am gonna ask my dealer to give me Limited pieces for upfront or else they are gonna replace my trim pieces every 4k miles... I think they may agree.. yeah?

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
676 Posts
Given the general (lack of) cleanliness and amount of scratches on the textured door panel itself, I am going to predict that the piano black will look like hammered dog sh!t in a few months as well. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
252 Posts
what a dipshit. lol
Have you ever had piano black? It's one of the most hated things used on cars. Rarely used on a surface meant to be touched because it scratches. Get dust on it and it will look terrible if you rub over it. You can usually buff it maybe once then it just has to look bad. Even on panels you don't touch or rub it tends to look terrible after a few months.

That's what he was saying. And it is true.

But the color shouldn't have came off so fast. Looks more like 100k miles worth of driving rather than 4k. I see that type wear a lot on stearing wheel buttons and radio controls on customers cars

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
676 Posts
what a dipshit. lol
.....is what your Service Advisor is going to say when you tell him you want Hyundai to upgrade the interior. 🤣

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
I went and checked mine, they look fine after 5,000+ miles. 🤷‍♂️

You might try looking for some like these for the SC rather than bothering your Service Advisor.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Bumper

They may be the same as the 2022 Tucson (?).

I've also seen similar items made of aluminum and carbon fiber that might look nice and handle more abuse.

Best of luck.

·
Read Only
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Y’all are killing me me with this service advisor stuff 😂 don’t take everything so serious.. they’ll probably just order me a new one it’s not that big of a deal. However, yes that’s the type of shat that is seen on much older vehicles so could be a fluke and not happen again.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I looked at mine today, no wear, but I realized that if you grab that part of the door when closing it your index finger rubs that corner. Do you regularly use any kind of lotion/oil/hand sanitizer or wear rough textured gloves that could put extra wear on that part of the car?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I looked at mine today, no wear, but I realized that if you grab that part of the door when closing it your index finger rubs that corner. Do you regularly use any kind of lotion/oil/hand sanitizer or wear rough textured gloves that could put extra wear on that part of the car?

I've also seen interior cleaners that softened the coatings and paints. Some steering wheel buttons could be wiped off in one cleaning. Same for some of the labeling on wiper stalks and such

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
591 Posts
The finish is cheaply made, but the real reason why it may be peeling early, could be attributed to the hand sanitizer a person uses. The ones developed during Covid are especially harmful to plastics.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL AWD, Blue Stone
30 Posts
I don’t use sanitizer or lotion. I never put anything in that pocket. Even if I did, I would expect it to hold up longer than 3 months, 3k miles. Anyway, will have to be more careful and monitor how big it gets. Doubtful Hyundai will do anything about it but I’ll bring it up to the SA if I ever make a trip to the dealer.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts