Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to have tow equipment installed at uhaul,but it looks like they only offer 4 pin wiring harnesses. Id like to set it up for max towing,so either should i have them just install the 4 pin and install a brake controller afterward,have a 7 pin harness installed elsewhere,have an aftermarket brake controller with seperate wiring installed,or dont even bother and just forget the brake controller,because i can tow trailers with thier own mechanical brakes. Ive never owned a pickup or towed so im unsure how to proceed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the Kia 7 pin installed at the dealer when they installed the hitch. It's plug and play. You are still gonna need a bluetooth brake controller if you're actually using a real 7 pin setup trailer. Mine is "fake" - 7 pins, but a surge brake.

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the Kia 7 pin installed at the dealer when they installed the hitch. It's plug and play. You are still gonna need a bluetooth brake controller if you're actually using a real 7 pin setup trailer. Mine is "fake" - 7 pins, but a surge brake.
The Curt is a brake controller

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im going to have tow equipment installed at uhaul,but it looks like they only offer 4 pin wiring harnesses. Id like to set it up for max towing,so either should i have them just install the 4 pin and install a brake controller afterward,have a 7 pin harness installed elsewhere,have an aftermarket brake controller with seperate wiring installed,or dont even bother and just forget the brake controller,because i can tow trailers with thier own mechanical brakes. Ive never owned a pickup or towed so im unsure how to proceed.
Have the 7 pin installed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts