Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,230 Posts
The wheels look sharp @GTAcruz!! Black wheels in general just look really good on it - whether it's the blacked out factory 18s or aftermarket.

I might try to brave our streets later. Took 2 full tanks of gas in the snow blower, but I finally got enough driveway cleared out that I can make it to the street. Not that they've been plowed yet anyway. The weather-heads are saying we got just over 30cm from Wednesday night until this morning. ALL very heavy, wet snow. If it was the fluffy kind, we'd have been well over 50cm - but it would be easier to clear. Can't shovel it, can't snowblow it, even plow trucks and quads are struggling. It just packs up into an ice wall. Horrible crap to deal with. But the truck is uncovered. Glad I remembered to put the wipers up when I parked it so I could find it in the drifts!! LOL

Trans-Canada highway has been fully closed for two days, JUST starting to get moving. Shut down from Manitoba to Thunder Bay. Only a 550km stretch.

Oh, for our US counterparts ... 30cm is about 12", 50 is about 20". 550km works out to just over 340 miles. You're welcome. :)

·
Registered
Santa Fe
86 Posts
The wheels look sharp @GTAcruz!! Black wheels in general just look really good on it - whether it's the blacked out factory 18s or aftermarket.

I might try to brave our streets later. Took 2 full tanks of gas in the snow blower, but I finally got enough driveway cleared out that I can make it to the street. Not that they've been plowed yet anyway. The weather-heads are saying we got just over 30cm from Wednesday night until this morning. ALL very heavy, wet snow. If it was the fluffy kind, we'd have been well over 50cm - but it would be easier to clear. Can't shovel it, can't snowblow it, even plow trucks and quads are struggling. It just packs up into an ice wall. Horrible crap to deal with. But the truck is uncovered. Glad I remembered to put the wipers up when I parked it so I could find it in the drifts!! LOL

Trans-Canada highway has been fully closed for two days, JUST starting to get moving. Shut down from Manitoba to Thunder Bay. Only a 550km stretch.

Oh, for our US counterparts ... 30cm is about 12", 50 is about 20". 550km works out to just over 340 miles. You're welcome. :)
Wet early snow or wet March snow is the pits, too wet and heavy one shovelful and you're toast, or it clogs the snow blower chute - at least it doesn't drift the way the cold powdered polystyrene pellet snow does, like leaves, the nieghbours get mine and I get the other side nieghbours. We had a crap load of rain last night, and the threat of flurries for the w/e, I still have the blower attachment to switch over to the Lawn tractor (booked in for next Wednesday) - I was thinking maybe another cut? till I heard the forecast.
I'm not a full black wheel convert - but they do look good on the SC- probably all the black accents and sill/wheel arch trims-they'll soon lighten up with the road salts

·
Registered
316 Posts
i wasn’t sure about black rims, but I like them better than the OEMs and the sid with the 18” looks Bettie as well.
No snow just yet, this week, we’ve been in the teens. 😎

·
Registered
3 Posts
Towing my Lance 1475-S travel trailer in Sedona,AZ. On my cross-country trip I would have at least 3 to 5 people a day asking about my SC. Towing was a breeze. View attachment 3871
I’m looking at that Lance model as well! Did you need a weight distribution hitch? Brake controller? How compatible was the hitch height? I tried a heavier (rental) Winnebago MicroMinnie - owner said it was 3500 lbs but it felt much closer to 4500 lbs and was a real struggle….never again! Just because it can tow 5,000 lbs…that doesn’t mean you should! The Lance 1475 is the way to go!

·
Registered
198 Posts
101 - 120 of 143 Posts