Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Nice! Looks great. Seems like the paint on these things is camelion-like.

I see a trailer hitch back there!? Could take a picture of the associated wiring/plug(s)?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! Looks great. Seems like the paint on these things is camelion-like.

I see a trailer hitch back there!? Could take a picture of the associated wiring/plug(s)?
Yes I totally agree. Each time I go out depending on sky it looks different.

Registered
Thank-you!

So the plug is way over to the driver's side.

Is it an optical illusion or is there a light grey box dangling beside the 4 pin.

Perhaps this is the additional 3 pins for a 7 pin connection?

Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD
Thank-you!

Is it an optical illusion or is there a light grey box dangling beside the 4 pin.

It's a rubber cap that goes over the connection to protect it from the elements.

Read Only
Thank-you!

I think that鈥檚 the cap for the 4-pins.

Registered
Congratulations!

That color looks absolutely outstanding in person.
I thought i would NOT like the rims. In person, they look great!

Registered
Wonder what has to "break-in" for 1,500 miles before you can tow????? In my mind the "break-in" period is the mfg's way of trying to change your driving habits.

Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
Wonder what has to "break-in" for 1,500 miles before you can tow????? In my mind the "break-in" period is the mfg's way of trying to change your driving habits.
yeah, I'm not sure why specific about towing. if it's payload then you shouldn't even have 4 people in the vehicle during the first 1500 miles because that's like 500 lb tongue weight of towing.

Registered
All kinds of parts in the engine and gearbox need to mesh and seat properly. Putting extra stress on those components during the first few hundred miles is not a good idea. Tolerances in modern engines are very tight and effected by temperature. Many parts (including brakes) require several heat cycles before things settle in. If you want the vehicle to last I would follow the OEM's guidance when comes to the break in period in terms of RPMs and vehicle load. Personally I will changing most of the fluids after break-in to remove all the little metal bits that wear off during this period.

Registered
All kinds of parts in the engine and gearbox need to mesh and seat properly. Putting extra stress on those components during the first few hundred miles is not a good idea. Tolerances in modern engines are very tight and effected by temperature. Many parts (including brakes) require several heat cycles before things settle in. If you want the vehicle to last I would follow the OEM's guidance when comes to the break in period in terms of RPMs and vehicle load. Personally I will changing most of the fluids after break-in to remove all the little metal bits that wear off during this period.
While I agree that changing fluids is a good idea and I will point out do not overlook changing brake and power steering fluids to remove contamination as steering and stopping are more important than motion. But I disagree as to rotating parts that need to mesh and seat. If that is so, the mechanical assembly was assembled with improper clearances. By the time one takes possession of a new vehicle the vehicle has already experienced several heat cycles and if there are 鈥渓ittle bits of metal wearing off鈥, you have a serious problem and will probably experience a rapid unplanned disassembly of said component.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts