Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a Short trip yesterday to get the girls out of the house...140miles Mostly Hilly Freeway 70-74mph with about 40 miles of 2 lanes 55-60mph with some in town at both ends of the trip... I figured 98% freeway..
I've posted the mpg already ..but here it is again..saw a high of 31.5mpg...and ended up at 29.6mpg.. I think if you had flat freeway only and kept it around 70-72mph you would see 33mpg..
The Cruz drove very nice on the freeway..handled bumps on the farmland 2 lanes like a pro.. It is diffidently an SUV/Truck in the ride not a car which I prefer, plenty of power when needed.
The seats were comfortable.. leg room was great.
Lots of lookers :)
Used the Waze(Android) mapping and it talked like a Garmin...Even had accident reports and a Police watch on your route I do need to upgrade my cell so it will do wireless but for now I need to plug it in..
Overall I'm head over heels with this vehicle, it fits my needs and budget(MPG) I wanted..in fact so far it has exceeded my needs
I guess if there was any con's it would be there aren't enough cubbies in the front..storage spots. and a center armrest/cup holder in the back..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Oh wow...that mpg number is very encouraging. I kept wondering which model you had till I saw your tag line.

A question for CASD..have to regretted not getting the AWD?

The AWD actually is rated higher..has anyone gotten better mpg?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow...that mpg number is very encouraging. I kept wondering which model you had till I saw your tag line.

A question for CASD..have to regretted not getting the AWD?

The AWD actually is rated higher..has anyone gotten better mpg?
Not yet :)... When it snows I will always wonder if the AWD is better but I've put Blizzacks Snow tires on my last two cars with front-wheel drive and they both were great in the snow after that...So that's what I'll do if I have a problem if we get enough snow to worry about.
If I would have had a choice I probably would have got the AWD just in case..But my SE FWD was the only thing on the lot :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.