Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limitied (black/black)
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So…just picked my SC up. The left side toggles are for volume and tuner. If you push volume up it goes up and down it goes down. If you push the tuner toggle up…mine goes down the dial to a lower value. Push it down and it goes up to a higher station. Minor annoyance. Is everyones like this? Did they swap a wire in mine?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I haven't actually used the tuner yet, but it does the same thing with Bluetooth or Android Auto.

On my 2020 Kia Sportage, it was the same as you described if I left the Tuner in normal mode. But, after I programmed all the stations in that I wanted, then tapped on a station, then the programmed stations listing came up on the left side and I could get "up for up" and "down for down."

The SC may work the same way. I'll have to get around to setting up the tuner to find out.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz limited
14 Posts
I’ve been wondering the same and it’s been driving me crazy. Thought maybe I changed it somehow? Guess we might have to get used to it!

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limitied (black/black)
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I hope that's it. The dealer was 90 minutes from my house and I Uber'd there, but I was on the clock to get back and didn't spend any time there. Just drove home. So far so good. It's very pleasant to drive. Not a sportscar from a handling perspective but not my Tundra either!

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,135 Posts
No, I found the tuner/preset switch to work backwards to my mind too. To me, up should be next, down previous. But I guess things are different in the southern hemisphere than the northern hemisphere. That whole toilet swirls backwards thing at play. LOL

·
Registered
43 Posts
When playing mp3 from a USB it's really weird. Up is next track. Holding up slides backwards in time. Down is previous track. Hold down is fast fwd.
Somebody really messed up this button.

·
Registered
654 Posts
When playing mp3 from a USB it's really weird. Up is next track. Holding up slides backwards in time. Down is previous track. Hold down is fast fwd.
Somebody really messed up this button.
Or, a cosmic ray flipped the bit! (where is Feynman now that we need him?)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Or, a cosmic ray flipped the bit! (where is Feynman now that we need him?)
Ah, the Single Event Upset. But it would have had to hit all of our trucklets! 🤪

I tried looking it up in the manual and that book is useless. :cautious:

So, I went outside, sat in the SC and fiddled with it a bit. Operation was intuitive and simple.

Once I programmed in some stations, the ID numbers lined up from lowest number at the top, to highest at the bottom. Opposite of what it was in my Sportage.

So the steering wheel button matches the number hierarchy on the display. Down button direction is down station, up is up direction on the display. Ugh.

Font Gadget Display device Auto part Electronic device

·
Registered
32 Posts
So…just picked my SC up. The left side toggles are for volume and tuner. If you push volume up it goes up and down it goes down. If you push the tuner toggle up…mine goes down the dial to a lower value. Push it down and it goes up to a higher station. Minor annoyance. Is everyones like this? Did they swap a wire in mine?
It is the same way in my wife Palisades. Must be a Hyundai thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts