Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 Sonata had a nice storage case for manuals. I wanted something more sturdy than the flimsy plastic envelope that came with our SEL. I made this slip case from low grade scrap materials. I will use the plastic envelope for service records.
Brown Wood Rectangle Floor Flooring

·
Registered
401 Posts
My 2012 Sonata had a nice storage case for manuals. I wanted something more sturdy than the flimsy plastic envelope that came with our SEL. I made this slip case from low grade scrap materials. I will use the plastic envelope for service records.
I have a leather case that came with my Veloster. It fits all the SC manuals, except it doesn’t have the room for the French language version.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nice work, Phil. Are you going to carry that in the truck, or is that for the home library?
Thank you, Mike. Normally, it will be in the truck’s glove box. The slipcase does make it easy to carry the manuals into the house and also keep them from damage while using them where there could be spills from drinks or they could incur physical damage from other things on a coffee table. I have made similar slipcases for other books. One was a softcover textbook I used during the last two years for a Saturday class. Three others are for Bibles and Testaments I want to use, but also keep nice. One is for a paperback I bought to throw into a carry-on bag. I used solid black walnut for one of the slipcases because of the nature of the book set it contains. Others are from lesser materials because the associated need is very utilitarian. The trick is to make the width of the opening large enough for the book(s) to slip in and out farily easily, but tight enough that they do not fall out too easily. (The photo shows two others I made. The larger one is for a Hebrew Old Testament with parallel German text. The other is for a Greek New Testament with two parallel German texts. There is also space for a small Greek-English lexicon.) The black walnut slipcase called for some careful thinking to avoid cracking as wood expands and contracts with natural changes in humidity. It is more than a dozen years old with no cracks despite three residence locations with vastly different humidities. (I was a parish pastor for forty years. Greek and Hebrew were required preparatory courses, as was German at the time. Now all of these things and more reside on my iPhone!)

Fixture Wood Waste containment Home appliance Floor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts