Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I mean is .....For us that like both the Maverick and the Cruz.... I see Ford moving steadily forward, throwing little tid-bits out there.. Monday is another milestone for the Maverick Any information given to a select few at a Showing yesterday/today can't be revealed until the 26th/Monday..Must be something huh??
Also, the official scheduling for retail starts next Thursday the 29th, which is ahead of schedule
A lot of us are seeing our priority codes going from 19 to 02 or less which means they are starting to preschedule the builds they are starting with...

What have we got from Hyundai ??? Nothing, the only thing we have gotten have been from members like Chuck... it's like the Insider's Club isn't anything more than a head counter... for the bean counters.
Heck Canada has just got a hint at pricing...Today????
What have we gotten from the dealers....Flack!! Nonrefundable deposits...No info, Have no Idea if-when-maybe...nothing!! and you still don't know what's in the activity package??? Correct me if I'm wrong on anything Please!!
I just see my excitement for the Cruz steadily drying up...And My Maverick excitement growing with each day's new info dump....
I'm so scared the Dealer is going to pull some BS on the invoice... With the Ford it's all laid out what you owe.
Hyundai get your act together....SOON

·
Registered
668 Posts
Monday is another milestone for the Maverick Any information given to a select few at a Showing yesterday/today can't be revealed until the 26th/Monday..Must be something huh??
A milestone would be to offer the Hybrid in AWD like the Escape. Now that would be something!

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
572 Posts
Well, Hyundai just had their BEST quarter sales ever
So I'm guessing some genius high up in the chaebol decided to axe all their marketing budget for SC
"Why marketing if you know you are selling everything without even trying?" must be what they are thinking

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, Hyundai just had their BEST quarter sales ever
So I'm guessing some genius high up in the chaebol decided to axe all their marketing budget for SC
"Why marketing if you know you are selling everything without even trying?" must be what they are thinking
Well, we know how that is going to end.....Slow sales after the initial buys from people like us... axing the SC after two years of slow sales...and everyone who bought one is stuck with collectors additions lol

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
I don't think they'll go away after a couple of years. But if they do ... at least I'll have one and can be in that exclusive club like the lucky souls who got their hands on a Baja! :p

·
Registered
221 Posts
What I mean is .....For us that like both the Maverick and the Cruz.... I see Ford moving steadily forward, throwing little tid-bits out there.. Monday is another milestone for the Maverick Any information given to a select few at a Showing yesterday/today can't be revealed until the 26th/Monday..Must be something huh??
Also, the official scheduling for retail starts next Thursday the 29th, which is ahead of schedule
A lot of us are seeing our priority codes going from 19 to 02 or less which means they are starting to preschedule the builds they are starting with...

What have we got from Hyundai ??? Nothing, the only thing we have gotten have been from members like Chuck... it's like the Insider's Club isn't anything more than a head counter... for the bean counters.
Heck Canada has just got a hint at pricing...Today????
What have we gotten from the dealers....Flack!! Nonrefundable deposits...No info, Have no Idea if-when-maybe...nothing!! and you still don't know what's in the activity package??? Correct me if I'm wrong on anything Please!!
I just see my excitement for the Cruz steadily drying up...And My Maverick excitement growing with each day's new info dump....
I'm so scared the Dealer is going to pull some BS on the invoice... With the Ford it's all laid out what you owe.
Hyundai get your act together....SOON
I would be considered a pretty hardcore auto enthusiast, other than this forum I don't see, or hear, much of a buzz about the Cruz; appears to be much more about the Maverick. Hyundai has done a surprisingly poor job.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
572 Posts
Well, we know how that is going to end.....Slow sales after the initial buys from people like us... axing the SC after two years of slow sales...and everyone who bought one is stuck with collectors additions lol
yeah, I remember that when Kia launched Stinger a few years back
It was more hype than SC, and market was normal and some dealers were marking up the first batch of the Stingers
and pretty much only the early adopters bought the stingers and sales have been pretty bad. and they just decided to kill it for 2022 model year.

My gut feeling is that SC will do very well in current market condition, because pickup trucks are so highly sought after. Anything with a truck bed will sell. Sure some will buy Maverick, but the market size is so big it would be enough Hyundai to keep SC even if it only captures a minority share of the compact pickup market

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'm actually very happy the Santa Cruz is currently under most peoples radar. Interest and curiosity will likely build fast as they are seen on the road. WOW! What is that? Just hoping it doesn't attract too much unwanted attention in the early months of ownership...

·
Registered
350 Posts
yeah, I remember that when Kia launched Stinger a few years back
It was more hype than SC, and market was normal and some dealers were marking up the first batch of the Stingers
and pretty much only the early adopters bought the stingers and sales have been pretty bad. and they just decided to kill it for 2022 model year.
Actually there was a minor face lift for 2022 and they have been on the lots for months.

·
Registered
772 Posts
That's a big hesitation for me too - Ford's quality hasn't been stellar lately. I know there have been a few times now we've driven past the dealer here, whose lot is all out front, including stuff in the shop for work ... and they have more in for service than they have for sale. That scares me a bit. Even our Dodge/Ram/Chrysler dealer doesn't have that kind of broken inventory!

·
Registered
221 Posts
The main reason I hesitate to get a Ford product. My neighbor's truck.
Must be doing something right, the F-150 has been the number 1 selling vehicle for over 30 years. As I've previously written my 2010 Ranger has been unbelievably reliable since new, my daily NYC metro area commuter vehicle. Potholes, stop and go traffic, snow, the mighty Ranger keeps on going and still looks good (as good as a simple Ranger can look, lol), Original clutch, other than a set brakes and tires and the infamous Takata airbag recall, no repairs.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Ooof ... I just played with some numbers. Based on my estimates (Canadian pricing, Ultimate trim) ... by the time taxes and extended warranty go on it (way too much tech in these things to NOT have long-term coverage. I've never bought extended warranty on a new vehicle that didn't pay for itself in one way or another) it'll be on the edge of $60k. Ooof.

That's by using the Santa Fe builder to match the price as close as I could, adding in destination fees, adding the 200,000km extended warranty ... not even allowing for accessories like the trailer hitch it's just over $57,200 after tax. I can get into a full size Ram 1500 for less than that. I should stop playing with numbers and making spreadsheets. I'm un-selling myself here! Ooof.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Must be doing something right, the F-150 has been the number 1 selling vehicle for over 30 years. As I've previously written my 2010 Ranger has been unbelievably reliable since new, my daily NYC metro area commuter vehicle. Potholes, stop and go traffic, snow, the mighty Ranger keeps on going and still looks good (as good as a simple Ranger can look, lol), Original clutch, other than a set brakes and tires and the infamous Takata airbag recall, no repairs.
This year could be the end of the F-150's rein at the top... for the 2nd quarter of the year, both Ram & Chevy beat it (Ford is still ahead YTD).

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ooof ... I just played with some numbers. Based on my estimates (Canadian pricing, Ultimate trim) ... by the time taxes and extended warranty go on it (way too much tech in these things to NOT have long-term coverage. I've never bought extended warranty on a new vehicle that didn't pay for itself in one way or another) it'll be on the edge of $60k. Ooof.

That's by using the Santa Fe builder to match the price as close as I could, adding in destination fees, adding the 200,000km extended warranty ... not even allowing for accessories like the trailer hitch it's just over $57,200 after tax. I can get into a full size Ram 1500 for less than that. I should stop playing with numbers and making spreadsheets. I'm un-selling myself here! Ooof.
Just tell the wife none of the other purchase options have cooled seats! She'll be on board immediately. :giggle:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Very possible.

Not sure why this launch has gone so poorly but having worked for several large companies I fully understand that the product engineers and the marketing team are often not on the same page. If the product fits my needs I could careless how fumbled the launch is, months from now it will be water under the bridge and owners will not care. If your not following things daily on this forum you would have no idea anything was “wrong”, you’ll see a SC at dealer, buy it and drive home happy. Ignorance is bliss.

Its also totally possible they are trying to soft launch the SC knowing they have limited product to sell. Keeping things under the radar on purpose until they can crank out enough units. Having customers beating down your door only to turn them away is not a good business mode. Having nobody know about your product is worse… so this is a fine line to walk.

However if the SC proves unpopular due to poor marketing it will make ownership painful. I’ve owned an orphan vehicle before- it’s sad when you realize there are not enough like-minded people to support the product.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts