Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Santa Cruz - Searching...
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you to @Trucklet4me for alerting me to the availability of my unicorn. A Limited in Sage Gray with Gray Interior.

There is was, in stock and available, at Classic Hyundai of North Wilkesboro in North Carolina. I got them on the phone ASAP. Super friendly, and ready to send me photos and a quote. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the email, only to get this absurd document.

A $10,000 jack up for Inventory Shortage and another $1,500 for packages that don't exist. Back to the search...

Attachments

Registered
Santa Cruz - Searching...
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doh! Bummer that they're jacking up prices like that! o_O

But now you know that at least one exists! 馃お ;)
On a positive note, they did send some decent photos that included the interior. As always, we know that cameras, lighting, etc. have a great effect but seeing them makes me question whether I really want that interior color, or not. It is a lot more green than I have picked up on in photos/videos elsewhere. Going with black instead may well make the search easier.

Anyone out there with the Gray/Orange interior want to convince me I still want it? Love to see your photos.

Registered
Phantom Black Limited AWD
Thank you to @Trucklet4me for alerting me to the availability of my unicorn. A Limited in Sage Gray with Gray Interior.

There is was, in stock and available, at Classic Hyundai of North Wilkesboro in North Carolina. I got them on the phone ASAP. Super friendly, and ready to send me photos and a quote. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the email, only to get this absurd document.

A $10,000 jack up for Inventory Shortage and another $1,500 for packages that don't exist. Back to the search...
Some dealers are so willing to throw crap against the wall and seeing what will stick.
Millinium package (which they didn't even spell right) and Classic package? Wow. Talk about pulling stuff out of your *ss.
National Inventory Shortage? So, we as consumers are supposed to pay for them not having enough supply to meet our needs?

Keep looking for those fair and honest dealers. They're out there. And your patience and diligence will pay off and be so much worth it in the end.

Registered
Thats odd... post was duplicated.

Registered
No wonder blood pressure rises when buying a vehicle. They give dealerships a bad name, but look at other types of services and products we get these days and the prices those businesses put on their goods. I guess I was lucky to purchase for msrp and a good trade in offer.

Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
I hope you stuck it to them a little. Like I did when I found one with a $4,000 markup. I told them very plainly where they could stuff their ludicrous price gouging, and that I will never ever do business with thieves like them.

Registered
I hope you stuck it to them a little. Like I did when I found one with a $4,000 markup. I told them very plainly where they could stuff their ludicrous price gouging, and that I will never ever do business with thieves like them.
As satisfying as that might feel to the would-be buyer, I think the dealer is totally unaffected by it. The industry was doing business this way long before any of us were born.

Dealers located in pretty rural areas only sell a fairly small number of 'units' per year. Some will take their time and try to make a killing on each one. The dealers know that while you may not come back to them, there's always some other buyer in the town next door, who is mad at that dealer.

Reactions: FFEMT6

Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
As satisfying as that might feel to the would-be buyer, I think the dealer is totally unaffected by it. The industry was doing business this way long before any of us were born.

Dealers located in pretty rural areas only sell a fairly small number of 'units' per year. Some will take their time and try to make a killing on each one. The dealers know that while you may not come back to them, there's always some other buyer in the town next door, who is mad at that dealer.
No, I'm sure it doesn't do much to the dealer except maybe give him a laugh. But I don't think this is any different from gas stations jacking up prices after a hurricane, or over-pricing toilet paper during the TP shortage. It's predatory pricing, and while a dealer is free to do that, I can only hope buyers shun them and their price gouging, and it eventually hurts the dealer.

Registered
Some dealers are so willing to throw crap against the wall and seeing what will stick.
Millinium package (which they didn't even spell right) and Classic package? Wow. Talk about pulling stuff out of your *ss.
National Inventory Shortage? So, we as consumers are supposed to pay for them not having enough supply to meet our needs?

Keep looking for those fair and honest dealers. They're out there. And your patience and diligence will pay off and be so much worth it in the end.
What would "Classic Hyundai" be, if they didn't offer a "Classic Package?" Ok....馃..what exactly does that package consist of. Guess the NIS is the new market adjustment.

Registered
No, I'm sure it doesn't do much to the dealer except maybe give him a laugh. But I don't think this is any different from gas stations jacking up prices after a hurricane, or over-pricing toilet paper during the TP shortage. It's predatory pricing, and while a dealer is free to do that, I can only hope buyers shun them and their price gouging, and it eventually hurts the dealer.
That's the only way it will work. Unfortunately, there are some buyers that believe the early adoption of the vehicle outweighs the cost.

Registered
I don't suppose any dealer would care much about any bad-mouthing they received on this dinky little forum which has less than 2000 members.

Does any criticism like this happen on any FaceBook Santa Cruz group? (As you can probably tell, I don't do FB anymore.)

Reactions: HSC4ME

Registered
I don't suppose any dealer would care much about any bad-mouthing they received on this dinky little forum which has less than 2000 members.

Does any criticism like this happen on any FaceBook Santa Cruz group? (As you can probably tell, I don't do FB anymore.)
Google has an Opinion Poll/rating of businesses and that gets enough attention that it might effect dealers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts