Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
748 Posts
sorry this happened to you, judging from your post I guess they fled without leaving a note, I'd recommend investing in a good dashcam that can record in parking mode, but in AZ it's still mostly useless due to heat so probably not going to catch anything unless you park under shade

·
Registered
65 Posts
sorry this happened to you, judging from your post I guess they fled without leaving a note, I'd recommend investing in a good dashcam that can record in parking mode, but in AZ it's still mostly useless due to heat so probably not going to catch anything unless you park under shade
Plenty of dashcams will work in the heat several are rated to run over 160F. You need to buy one that uses capacitors and not a battery. Then use a proper hardwiring kit. The one thing you do not want to do is put reflective sunshade behind the dashcam. I just installed a 2 channel dashcam in my Limited.

·
Registered
2022 SEL-Premuim 2.5Turbo AWD
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
😎. I will look into dash cams. Any issues with battery run down?

I also realize in the big scheme of things this is not even a blip on the radar, but it just kills me how other people just don’t give a **** about other peoples stuff. They must be envious I guess….

·
Registered
65 Posts
😎. I will look into dash cams. Any issues with battery run down?

I also realize in the big scheme of things this is not even a blip on the radar, but it just kills me how other people just don’t give a **** about other peoples stuff. They must be envious I guess….
get a hardwiring kit that will monitor battery draw, the U1000 you can set the voltage it will shut down at the Viofo I think is hard coded to 12volt and some of the Blackview need a third module that has a master override. You can always get a battery system to run the dashcam.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
748 Posts
Plenty of dashcams will work in the heat several are rated to run over 160F. You need to buy one that uses capacitors and not a battery. Then use a proper hardwiring kit. The one thing you do not want to do is put reflective sunshade behind the dashcam. I just installed a 2 channel dashcam in my Limited.
That's why my blackvue, which is rated to work at 175F, shuts off during heat because I do put a reflective sunshade behind, thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
733 Posts
Many of us think that driving is a valued skill and we are constantly monitoring our own ability, noting whether we are centered in the driving lane or positioned straight and true in a parking space. We applaud our own slick moves in traffic and we are our own strict referee of when we could have done a better job.

However, there are many folks who seem only to have a tenuous connection with the physical world around them, much less their effects on it. For them, any landing they can walk away from is good enough.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Found this coming out of a store. Don’t even have 200 miles on it. Friggen people don’t know how to drive. Was able to get the paint off with WD40, but it’s
Found this coming out of a store. Don’t even have 200 miles on it. Friggen people don’t know how to drive. Was able to get the paint off with WD40, but it’s scratched. People suck…

·
Registered
25 Posts
I too have had a nice surprise awaiting me after a trip to walleyworld where I parked on the outskirts of the lot. A nice scrape on the L/R pannel which had just been repaired the week before. There were 2 chips in the paint when I took delivery thankfully I didn't have to pay for the original repair however the second cost me $367.00 Thank you to the considerate person who forgot to leave a note. BATTLESCAR!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Found this coming out of a store. Don’t even have 200 miles on it. Friggen people don’t know how to drive. Was able to get the paint off with WD40, but it’s scratched. People suck… View attachment 3801
Probably most of us have had similar crappy parking experiences. Even if the perpetrator waited for you, still sucks having your new vehicle damaged.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
748 Posts
I got the Hyundai color specific touch up pen, and it's pretty good for painting over exposed "black" ish metal surface, and if you stand from 2 feet away you can't really tell it's touched up

·
Registered
453 Posts
I no matter how far out I park some turd with either farmers truck or 1969 Cadillac parks next to me in a compact parking spot... :mad:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts