Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my SE since September now:

• I'm at almost 7500 miles, I can't get the local Hyundai dealer (bought it from a further away one) to service it, they've cancelled with excuses like, we don't have the filter, and then they didn't have the oil. Has anyone oil changed their own, is there anything odd to watch for, like a crush washer on the plug or somesuch? Or is it just a straight drop the oil, change the filter, refill with 0W20? It's not worth driving to the other dealer for me.
  • I finally used the little hold straps on the tailgate and moved them to the 'lumber carrying' position, one of the little finger clips snapped off right away, it's not like my thumb is Arnold Schwarznegger or anything.
  • Does anyone know where the tie-down / tow points are? Usually there's either a place to screw into the front / rear bumper or it's under the vehicle, can't see it on the vehicle or in the manual.
  • Still waiting for a bed-cover to become available, are there any third-party tonneaus that fit?
  • The stereo is definitely piss-poor, and upgrading looks to be a hassle, unless I can add a bluetooth sub maybe?
Other than that, it's still fun, I can get 30mpg on a lot of drives, my overall is 27mpg right now, yeah it's an AWD. I really love the auto-dimming bright/dipped beam feature, makes driving in the country a lot easier.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had looked at that subwoofer thread before, I asked, and somene said if you don't have the limited, the wiring isn't there for it, so you would have to run your own.

I believe there is such a thing as Bluetooth subwoofers, but whether they can be integrated into the car stereo system? Like maybe your device connects to the sub, and it connects to the car and ensures sync? Because there is always a lag on Bluetooth audio, and that would be apparent if you're sub was ahead of the stereo, or vice-versa.

I read the manual for the 2.5 non turbo, and it didn't mention needing a 500 mile break-in oil change, so I'm hoping I'm still good. The manual says an 8500 mile interval is acceptable, I was trying for 6000 (as per dealer recommends) but I'm at a loss, planning to maybe try and drive up to the dealer this week and see what the issue is.

I like the soft tonneau, but the wife wants something lockable, so guess I need a hardshell of some kind.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Follow the manual for oil change intervals, your warranty is based on that - the 500 mile thing is just a precaution, its not required.

The sub has to be wired to work with stock sound system. Even if you added a Bluetooth speaker the car would have no way to control the volume. I might be wrong but normally you can only pair one Bluetooth audio source at a time anyway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the oil filter the same as on other Hyundais? Say the Santa Fe? I just wonder if I take it to a regular oil change place if they'll have the filter and stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts