Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Twilight Black, 2.5L Turbo, Preferred Trend
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day Everyone! I'm excited to be a part of the SC forums .. been reading up on a lot of the threads .. very informative and entertaining ! also good to know that i'm not the only one that is very eagerly anticipating the arrival of my SC ..
I put my $1k deposit down Sept 8th, and hoping for some sort of confirmation of a delivery date soon.
How I got here? well .. after purchasing my 2019 Tuscon new from the dealer ( first new car purchase ) i really enjoyed and loved my car .. 2019 Tuscon Preferred Trend .. it was written off after a douche bag driver decided to pull a "U-Turn" on a very busy afternoon ..
After recovery from mild whiplash and a slight concussion .. i took the insurance money and paid off the car loan .. then used the rest of the insurance money and am putting it towards my SC .. (got full purchase price value from insurance )
I hit the dealer .. test drove a SC Trend that was on the lot .. fell in love with it right away .. hummed about it overnight and decided to pull the pin on the purchase, only to find out that someone that test drove it right after me purchased it .. lesson .. you snooze .. you loose .. haha that brings me here .. I put my deposit down, and joined the waiting list .. haha happy and excited to be here ! would you believe that that damage is over $22k ? anyway .. enjoy the day .. look forward to read up on more stories ! cheers
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
408 Posts
Glad to hear you are doing okay and now an SC owner. Looking at your Tucson, its amazing to see the insurance company wrote it off. That does not look like $22k worth of damage. Your headlights and grill aren't even damaged.There must be internal damage we cant see. It will make a great parts car.

·
Registered
Twilight Black, 2.5L Turbo, Preferred Trend
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear you are doing okay and now an SC owner. Looking at your Tucson, its amazing to see the insurance company wrote it off. That does not look like $22k worth of damage. Your headlights and grill aren't even damaged.There must be internal damage we cant see. It will make a great parts car.
thanks .. it was a bit of a long road to recover .. but i'm better now !
half the lower part of the bumper was destroyed .. and under the hood .. the entire front was pushed back 8" = 12" onto the exhaust manifold .. rad cross members were completely broken off the chassis .. all the plastic/ metal damage .. plus paint etc ..
even if they could have fixed it all .. i wouldn't have wanted it back .. posses a huge safety issue with any hidden structural damage with the front pushed back like that .. plus . it would have been marked on carfax as having that major damage .. it would have lowered my resale price if i ever wanted to sell if after .. best to say goodbye and part ways .. it was hard to do .. i loved that car ..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good Day Everyone! I'm excited to be a part of the SC forums .. been reading up on a lot of the threads .. very informative and entertaining ! also good to know that i'm not the only one that is very eagerly anticipating the arrival of my SC ..
I put my $1k deposit down Sept 8th, and hoping for some sort of confirmation of a delivery date soon.
How I got here? well .. after purchasing my 2019 Tuscon new from the dealer ( first new car purchase ) i really enjoyed and loved my car .. 2019 Tuscon Preferred Trend .. it was written off after a douche bag driver decided to pull a "U-Turn" on a very busy afternoon ..
After recovery from mild whiplash and a slight concussion .. i took the insurance money and paid off the car loan .. then used the rest of the insurance money and am putting it towards my SC .. (got full purchase price value from insurance )
I hit the dealer .. test drove a SC Trend that was on the lot .. fell in love with it right away .. hummed about it overnight and decided to pull the pin on the purchase, only to find out that someone that test drove it right after me purchased it .. lesson .. you snooze .. you loose .. haha that brings me here .. I put my deposit down, and joined the waiting list .. haha happy and excited to be here ! would you believe that that damage is over $22k ? anyway .. enjoy the day .. look forward to read up on more stories ! cheers
View attachment 4398
View attachment 4399
View attachment 4396
View attachment 4397
Going thru the same thing as we speak. My SC was totaled when dude ran a red and I t boned his car. I can still remember that explosion sound when we impacted and the fire burning smell of the airbags ( saved me ) that woked me up cos I blanked out for a bit. Lucky to have found another SC in my color for msrp. Your gonna love driving the SC perfect balance of fun, luxurious comfort and function. Glad you've recovered, hoping to do the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts