Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
Santa Cruz Limited
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kendall Hyundai wants a $7K dealer markup on a black on black limited they've had in stock for at least a week now. Salesman told me the owner isn't willing to budge, they've turned down offers at MSRP and just over, but if I put a deposit and wait they can order one and sell at MSRP. Heading to Homestead and Doral later this week see what they are doing.

· Registered
116 Posts
Kendall Hyundai wants a $7K dealer markup on a black on black limited they've had in stock for at least a week now. Salesman told me the owner isn't willing to budge, they've turned down offers at MSRP and just over, but if I put a deposit and wait they can order one and sell at MSRP. Heading to Homestead and Doral later this week see what they are doing.
There's supposed to be a dealership that posted on here previously that says they sell at MSRP in Orlando if you want to check back thru some history.

· Registered
75 Posts
I contacted EVERY Dealership in Fl.. ALL of them are charging a " Market Adjustment Fee " of at least 5K.. Bought mine in RI for sticker...

· Registered
250 Posts
Kendall is where I was born. Lived 23 of my 49 years there. Residing in Tn. now, I miss the beaches like crazy. Not that anyone asked though, carry on. 😂

· Registered
36 Posts
Kendall is where I was born. Lived 23 of my 49 years there. Residing in Tn. now, I miss the beaches like crazy. Not that anyone asked though, carry on. 😂
I picked up my white Limited about 5 days ago. Bought it at Holler Hyundai (salesman Quan Loc) and highly recommend them. Paid over MSRP about 1k which I felt was reasonable in a tight market. I have to say I was very impressed with Holler as it was no haggle, no surprise pricing and a very positive experience. A friend of mine recommended them (who was very pleased with his recent Palisade purchase from Holler), after I had a VERY negative experience with a south Orlando dealership.

Holler did me extremely well. Just got it tinted today which is outstanding for FL and it looks fantastic with white. I must say that my expectations so far on the car are exceeded.

I also went the route of the concierge which seemed to accomplish nothing but false hope. Still waiting to get my deposit back on that. Holler wanted a 500.00 deposit with the understanding that it would be months to get the car, but due to some miracle I got it early. Very happy.

· Registered
White Limited AWD
51 Posts
They are asking for above MSRP now.. would not give me a number over the phone but said MSRP is not realistic right now.
Oh wow, I wonder what their pricing looks like now. I got mine about a week after anyone else got theirs in America, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't realize at the time they could sell it for more than MSRP.

· Registered
Santa Cruz Limited
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hyundai of Wesley Chapel, as least last time I checked, was selling at MSRP with no surprises.
Thanks for sharing. I'll still keep an eye on local inventory for a Limited, but I'm leaning on waiting till December or Q1 next year to give Hyundai time to start offering dealer installed tow hitches and general production issues.

· Registered
Phantom Black Limited
248 Posts
Just did an around Miami tour this weekend. Homestead Hyundai wanted $4k over and Doral wanted $3200 over, neither would budge. Lehman Hyundai wanted $4k but negotiated down to $2k. Kendall Hyundai told me they no longer mark up the Santa Cruz but won't get a limited until late January 2022. Braman Hyundai also does not mark up. I ordered one through Braman for $500 deposit, also supposed to arrive mid-January 2022.

· Registered
Santa Cruz Limited
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just did an around Miami tour this weekend. Homestead Hyundai wanted $4k over and Doral wanted $3200 over, neither would budge. Lehman Hyundai wanted $4k but negotiated down to $2k. Kendall Hyundai told me they no longer mark up the Santa Cruz but won't get a limited until late January 2022. Braman Hyundai also does not mark up. I ordered one through Braman for $500 deposit, also supposed to arrive mid-January 2022.
No dealer without inventory is going to say they want a markup So beware your price may go up when they get the actual vehicle (unless you have a written commitment) or they may bump your place in line if someone is willing to pay a premium.

Thanks for sharing and good luck to you.

· Registered
Santa Cruz Limited
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was expecting to be in a new Hampton Gray Limited on December 10th, the dealer told me the vehicle was sold because I didn't put $500 deposit, but there was one coming on the 15th and I should put the deposit. We went back and forth by email a few days but he kept sending me paper work that had nothing to do with credit card authorization and then 15th arrived and the vehicle was sold. At this point I realized the salesman is trying to be slick even as sincere as he sounds. Once again he says give me your credit card and you can have the one coming on the 27th and he never sends the CC authorization form that discloses what I'm being charged for and that its refundable LOL

Well I'm done I think for MY22 as I doubt the first half of 2022 will be any better than now with the expected possible COVID lock downs this winter. The good news is by the time I do get one, probably MY23 at this point as I would not buy a MY22 past January, maybe the there will be a factory installed tow hitch and a N model though I assume an N wouldn't show up till MY24 assuming supply chain is back to normal or close to it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.