Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
And they put it under the bed instead of in the "brunk" storage compartment like the Ridgeline. This way you can fit the spare even with a load back there.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Tires survive uncovered on the outside of the car for years, the spare spends 99.9% of its life in the shade so I feel no need to protect it. That cover might start flapping creating noise and touching the hot exhaust so I'll leave mine naked.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd rather see the spare in the cargo area instead of under the SC. This is the most difficult part about trying to retrieve the spare form under the vehicle. Plus I do not agree with the donut, But I wont let that flaw distract me from going to look at one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Could that fill up with debris and hold water like a pool?
The tire cover surrounds the donut on both sides. There's about 8-10 inches of wheel exposed. I added a christmas tree apron made out of contact paper to complete the coverage. Now the donut is totally covered. I consider the cover as disposable, one time use, based on the cost.

Below is a picture of the tire in the down position exposing the top-side. The spare cover is held in place by the 3 rubber pads on the frame.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.