Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m disappointed in hyundai. I bought an SEL back in October and it already has a blown out speaker on the driver side door panel. I took it to my dealership and they ordered a new speaker but it’s going to take a while to get one in. After owing the car for a few months i’m starting to see a few areas where i would think hyundai would be better with in quality control. this is disappointing:(

·
Registered
278 Posts
It won't help your problem, but maybe give you a little bit of solidarity -- I had a BMW once that was constantly blowing one of the speakers in the right door. That particular speaker was aimed straight at my right ear, so it was particularly annoying, and it had to be replaced several times. I also blew the subwoofer in my Lexus once, and the speakers in my Infiniti shorted out somehow and it was non-drivable because of the horrific noise that was produced as a result. Anyway, I've had speakers across brands blow sometimes, and it's super irritating -- hope yours gets fixed and you never have a problem again! Hang in there! :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I’m disappointed in hyundai. I bought an SEL back in October and it already has a blown out speaker on the driver side door panel. I took it to my dealership and they ordered a new speaker but it’s going to take a while to get one in. After owing the car for a few months i’m starting to see a few areas where i would think hyundai would be better with in quality control. this is disappointing:(
This is the first time I have seen anyone with a speaker failure on a Hyundai vehicle. Sorry to hear about the issue, but glad Hyundai is taking care of it. I can't say the SC spreakers are all that good... the limited is a bit better, but all the speakers used are basically "construction grade". I suggest a full set from Crutchfield. :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
all the speakers used are basically "construction grade".
Good way of putting it. Speakers are one of the areas that OEM cheap out on, even my $75k C7 for example has crap speakers.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,331 Posts
Strange if you weren't blasting them to the point of a front row concert seat...
I suggest a full set from Crutchfield. :)
My thoughts exactly. I probably wouldn't have bothered with the dealer and started my upgrade hunt for something better, but it's great that Hyundai has stepped up. (y)

·
Registered
65 Posts
You must have had a defective speaker. I don't think the audio head unit puts out enough power to blow a speaker.

Clint
AZ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts