Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The up and down volume button works on my limited. But the channel button seems to be wired backwards. Pressing it in the down position changes the radio station upward and pressing upward on the button changes the station down. Does it sound normal?

For example, if I want to turn the volume louder I press up... But if I want to tune the radio from 101.1 to 104.3 I press down. Just seems backwards to me.

· Registered
20 Posts
I think of it as going down a list numbered low to high. you hit down to go down the list and get a higher station. same as a playlist. It was counterintuitive to my Mazda, but I'm used to it now. Just an eccentricity of different manufacturers I guess

· Registered
22 SC Limited • Hampton Gray
503 Posts
Yes. It’s normal. It’s based on your list of preprogrammed stations and order, NOT up and down frequency. Perhaps others can chime in if the order of the list can be changed. Perhaps if it were in a different order, it might seem more logical to you.

· Registered
Sage Gray Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited
212 Posts
It was confusing at first, but got used to it quickly. So many other quirks in the SC. Learn one, move on to next quirk.

It’s not really any different than most manufacturers put the “sport mode” center console shifter with the + forward - back. A few have the reverse layout. I‘ve had both layouts, but I found I prefer the less popular reverse layout, probably because I used second gear a lot and that was always towards me. I never had a sequential shifter except on a motor cycle, which would probably have changed my preference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts