Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a strange issue with my smart key on my SC SEL. The SC smart key wouldn't unlock the vehicle via the unlock button or proximity. I get the flashing red confirmation light on the remote, but couldn't unlock the door.

I pulled out the emergency key out of the remote but for some reason couldn't insert it. I thought the manual said there was a plug on the key hole. The item in the hole pushed in but couldn't be removed.

I ended up opening the SC via the Bluelink phone app. When the start button was pressed, the SC said key not found. Used the end of the smart key to press the start button as noted in the manual and it started fine.

I went to get gas and SC recognized the smart key fine and started. When I got home I tested the smart key and it worked normally to lock and unlock the doors. Bluelink said smart key battery is fine. I am baffled.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
I've run into very occasional glitches like that with the proximity key on our Dodge Journey over the last 10 years. Always seemed random, then went away, sometimes for years at a time. I chalk it up to computers can be weird sometimes, and these are all run by computers. But if it happens frequently, maybe a fob programming thing? Couldn't hurt to let the dealer know so you have it on record if it turns into something.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
Never thought of radio signals interfering with each other. Good point!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I parked, the small lot area was fairly open and I was able to lock the truck with the smart key, but when I returned the SC was surrounded by full size pickups. Maybe SC was a bit nervous :)

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
137 Posts
The only problem I've had with the proximity key on my Veloster was when it was below freezing and I had to go to Discount Tire for a flat fix. I had to leave the key with the vehicle, and when they got out to it, it wouldn't start. The key had a brand-new battery in it. I ended up pushing the start button with the key, and it started up. I figured that the cold was affecting the battery in the key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts