Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed when I open completely my sunroof, there is a bad low buffering sound that is hard to take. If I close it slightly, it goes away. Has anyone else experienced that?

·
Registered
Limited
214 Posts
The sun roof has two open positions. If you press and release the sunroof button, the sunroof opens just short of all the way open. This position will cut down the buffering a lot. Then if you wish to open it all the way, press and hils the sunroof button.

Full open, (side & and back window closed) I get an amazing amount of buffering at 30-40 mph. So the difference is substantial between those two positions. And of course, opening the back window (on models that have it) or cracking the side windows helps as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My Tucson has the sunroof deflector and it works great. No buffering problem at all. That's why I was surprised the SC did not have a deflector also. Maybe in next years model?

·
Registered
453 Posts
My wife's Buick does it bad... to the point of hurting your eardrums... Sunroof open and a back window open,,,

·
Registered
81 Posts
My Tucson has the sunroof deflector and it works great. No buffering problem at all. That's why I was surprised the SC did not have a deflector also. Maybe in next years model?
I take that back. The SC does have a wind deflector, albeit a small metal one that barely projects above the roof line.

Motor vehicle Window Hood Automotive lighting Car

The deflector in the '17 Tucson is taller and made of mesh. Of course, the sunroof is much larger in the Tucson. It seems to work better than the SC's.

Hood Light Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
The sunroof has two "open" settings. If you pull it back and let it stop itself (open position 1) there is no buffeting. If you pull back on the switch again and open it fully (position 2) you will indeed get much buffet - and not the Margaritaville kind.

Just let it stop itself in that first open position and you're golden. Discovered it myself through accidental experimentation.

Reactions: RetFF
1 - 14 of 14 Posts