Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Curious what they say. I went through a car wash last week and had some water drops come through one time when the high-pressure jet went directly over the sunroof. It was a couple drops and didn't leak other than that one instance.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I purchased my SC on 10/02 and just realized today that it's leaking water when I went through the car wash. Will be heading to Hyundai in the morning. I am so crushed. View attachment 3451 the View attachment 3450
Make sure that the sunroof isn't slightly tilted up. It does tilt... by pushing upward on the button. I'd suggest opening the roof fully, then closing it fully just as a double-check.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have had car with sunroof before and all leaked when I took it to a touchless car wash. It is common, that is why there is a gutter drain along the perimeter of the sunroof opening, at least all the previous vehicles had it. I’m assuming that the SC is no different.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Make sure that the sunroof isn't slightly tilted up. It does tilt... by pushing upward on the button. I'd suggest opening the roof fully, then closing it fully just as a double-check.
I did that. It was definitely fully closed.
I have had car with sunroof before and all leaked when I took it to a touchless car wash. It is common, that is why there is a gutter drain along the perimeter of the sunroof opening, at least all the previous vehicles had it. I’m assuming that the SC is no different.
So I can't use a car wash?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Curious what they say. I went through a car wash last week and had some water drops come through one time when the high-pressure jet went directly over the sunroof. It was a couple drops and didn't leak other than that one instance.
They can't fit me in till the 28th. Said if I could go without a vehicle, I can drop it off and they will try to
Fit it in before then. But if not then I could always use a tarp in case of rain.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am scared to try again. I mean could the seal of crimped or something?
You can do it with a hose. It could be a seal and you should be able to see that. the other option it slowly pour water from a jug into the rain gutter and see if it drains. Sometimes those hoses get kinked or come disconnected. The other option is take it back to the dealer with is a warranty issue and they will run the exact same test.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can do it with a hose. It could be a seal and you should be able to see that. the other option it slowly pour water from a jug into the rain gutter and see if it drains. Sometimes those hoses get kinked or come disconnected. The other option is take it back to the dealer with is a warranty issue and they will run the exact same test.
I have an appointment on the 28th :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I did that. It was definitely fully closed.

So I can't use a car wash?
I have not taken my SC to a car wash, but the previous vehicle I never stop going. Yes I could see water drops coming in when the pressure nozzle was hitting the sunroof directly, but like I said, the water a dripping into the built in gutter and draining outside, so I was not worried.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limitied (black/black)
144 Posts
I hand wash mine with distilled water so I don’t get any hard water spots. Just kidding. I hand washed it but no leaks here. Oh and try the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray wax. $15 and it’s SO easy to apply. I put it on over a layer of good carnuba wax. There is no time like new to get some protection down. As it was I fojnd a huge scratch across my hood and it took forever to buff out. It looks like someone ran their hand across it and dragged a ring on it. Could have easily been me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Haven’t had any leaks yet going through the wash. My G70 sunroof rattled bad and genesis tried 3 different lubes before they replaced it so keep complaining and they’ll take care of it eventually.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Call them up and tell them you will be reporting this to Hyundai directly, you’re going to contact the BBB and you’re going to get in touch with your states attorney.

works 99.9% of the time for me.

Update. Dealership said there is nothing wrong with my sunroof therefore will not be repairing anything. I don't know what to do. My car will be ruined.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts