Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My experience with sunroof is that creates a "baffle"? Like when you have the rear windows down. Even at ow speeds there is a very noticeable noise that hurts my ears. Even opening the windows doesn't help. I looked and there doesn't seem to be a wind screen that pops up like on other Hyundais. I see this bar that lifts up but it's just a bar. It's making the sunroof almost unusable.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Interesting. I gave up on sunroofs years ago. Strange that you say there is a bar, but no wind shield attached to it. Those little flip-up wind deflectors really to work. Sad that the SC doesn't have one. Sticking to the SE/SEL w/o AP myself.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My experience with sunroof is that creates a "baffle"? Like when you have the rear windows down. Even at ow speeds there is a very noticeable noise that hurts my ears. Even opening the windows doesn't help. I looked and there doesn't seem to be a wind screen that pops up like on other Hyundais. I see this bar that lifts up but it's just a bar. It's making the sunroof almost unusable.
I definitely experience that with the sunroof open and all the windows up, at pretty much any speed over 10 mph or so. Cracking/opening the windows clears it right up on mine though.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I definitely experience that with the sunroof open and all the windows up, at pretty much any speed over 10 mph or so. Cracking/opening the windows clears it right up on mine though.
Does just opening the rear window port hole solve the buffeting with the windows up?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does just opening the rear window port hole solve the buffeting with the windows up?
Maybe, if it were as easy as having a power rear window port. Being manual, too much of a pain to have to remember to open it up every time you think you may want to use the sunroof (and then remember to close it.)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just tested this out on a quick trip to the store, and having the rear window port open did eliminate the buffeting with the windows up. As mentioned though it’s manual and for me it would also be pretty easy to forget to close it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Put a clothespin on the rear window handle. Anytime you open the window, transfer the clothespin to the inside door handle. When you exit the SC, you'll be reminded to reverse the process... maybe. :unsure: (If this sounds crazy, you're probably still under 60!)

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
Put a clothespin on the rear window handle. Anytime you open the window, transfer the clothespin to the inside door handle. When you exit the SC, you'll be reminded to reverse the process... maybe. :unsure: (If this sounds crazy, you're probably still under 60!)
That is so ridiculous, someone might actually try it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts