Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was able to look at a SEL Premium in person today, and got some pics about the potential T-slots on the side of the Tanneau Cover.

It does look like a T-slot but I am not sure if the size is the same as standard ones.
There is an opening at the front side of bed to insert mounting plates I guess, although it is questionable if there is really enough clearance between the opening and the wall of the bed.
Also it seems the cap at the other end (close to the gate) can be removed by removing some screws as well. (I didn't have any pics for this)

And the sales did say that the square below can be cut out to install some later available bed racks.

·
Registered
2022 Ice White Limited AWD SC
38 Posts
Hi guys,

I was able to look at a SEL Premium in person today, and got some pics about the potential T-slots on the side of the Tanneau Cover.

It does look like a T-slot but I am not sure if the size is the same as standard ones.
There is an opening at the front side of bed to insert mounting plates I guess, although it is questionable if there is really enough clearance between the opening and the wall of the bed.
Also it seems the cap at the other end (close to the gate) can be removed by removing some screws as well. (I didn't have any pics for this)
View attachment 1979

And the sales did say that the square below can be cut out to install some later available bed racks.
View attachment 1977
Look forward to seeing some bed rack solutions! Tent and cargo box on the roof with bikes above the bed and gear in the bed. :cool:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm guessing any aftermarket rack should fit in the cutout - if it's really a cutout. I definitely don't want to be the first to experiment with it!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm guessing any aftermarket rack should fit in the cutout - if it's really a cutout. I definitely don't want to be the first to experiment with it!
In the manufacturing video, there are a number of places where that can be seen: 1:27-1:48, 3:51-4:00. 6:35-6:46. At 6:01-6:24 we can see a folded piece of paper (inspection form, maybe) stuck into that location.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know the video is for a different vehicle, but it looks like the Yakima bed rack should install into that T-slot on the Santa Cruz in a similar way. As the Santa Cruz tonneau cover and bed rail are flush, the ambitious could fabricate their own mounting plate before Yakima gets around to making a Santa Cruz specific mounting plate.

With only a 4' 3" bed the struts would install quite close together, but combined with a roof rack on the side rails that should be fantastic support for a tent platform, cargo box or whatever you want to mount up above spanning over the bed and the cab.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know the video is for a different vehicle, but it looks like the Yakima bed rack should install into that T-slot on the Santa Cruz in a similar way. As the Santa Cruz tonneau cover and bed rail are flush, the ambitious could fabricate their own mounting plate before Yakima gets around to making a Santa Cruz specific mounting plate.

With only a 4' 3" bed the struts would install quite close together, but combined with a roof rack on the side rails that should be fantastic support for a tent platform, cargo box or whatever you want to mount up above spanning over the bed and the cab.
Tried to get local shop to install Yakima..No Go..
Ordered the Jet Stream Bars on AMAZON. and made brackets out of Delrun.. Works perfectly

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys,

View attachment 1979

View attachment 1977
this is what you see under the cover (no duct tape - I used that to keep the rain out while I made the bed rack below)
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Gadget

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi guys,

View attachment 1979

View attachment 1977
Very easy, I made mounts out of Delrin and mounted Yakima Jetstream bars.. 1/4x20 Carriage Bolts fit perfectly in the slots ..
Water Road surface Wood Plant Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille

Liquid Automotive tire Water Road surface Asphalt

·
Registered
8 Posts
The T-slots will not work.. Too wide.. I used 1/4 x20x 1 1 1/4ling cartridge bolts(round head and square under. They slide in and fit perfectly.
The T nuts I described weren't for the tonneau rails - I used (and relocated) the rails from inside the bed and moved them to the stake holes - but I like your solution better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts