Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Decided to spruce up my tailgate a bit with lettering I designed and printed on my 3D printer — love the idea of being able to adjust and create different “themes” etc. by calling out the letters.

Enjoy!

View attachment 3800
Very nice!! As a fellow Santa Cuz and 3D printing enthusiast, would you be so nice and share the .STL file? Please and Thank you. :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
76 Posts
Certainly! They are found here: Hyundai Santa Cruz Tailgate Lettering by hlacoss

Just a V1, I might make some improvements over time, but I think the first pass is pretty good.

If you do one using wood, definitely share how that turns out!
Thank you so much!!!:):) I was also thinking about using glow-in-the-dark filament. I will keep you updated on any progress I make.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I was surprised by how good that 'crayon-box' color scheme looked. Somehow, it just looks like it belongs on the whimsical SC; I think it would fall flat on the back of a 'real' truck. (y)

Reactions: MyJoyride

·
Registered
2022 Black Hybrid Limited Tucson
80 Posts
I was surprised by how good that 'crayon-box' color scheme looked. Somehow, it just looks like it belongs on the whimsical SC; I think it would fall flat on the back of a 'real' truck. (y)
i think the whimsical Santa Cruz has ALREADY proven she (or he : ) will get away with MANY many things a 'real truck' couldn't even dream about : )

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I can also see the versatile 'Cruz arriving in elegant evening dress - Ice White with very light gray lettering or Phantom Black with very dark gray letters. (But, never, ever, camouflage, not even on Sage Grey! Just... no.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Decided to spruce up my tailgate a bit with lettering I designed and printed on my 3D printer — love the idea of being able to adjust and create different “themes” etc. by calling out the letters.

Enjoy!

View attachment 3800
Thanks.. question how did you attach 3d print to tailgate?

Enjoy!

View attachment 3800
Question how did you attach 3d print to tailgate?

·
Registered
Currently drive a Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited
131 Posts
Absolutely love the different colors. Great job, I only wish I was that creative. With that said I think the different colors would look great on my Mojave Sand Limited. Any chance you could make another set and ship them to me? More than willing to pay for your time, materials and shipping. I did try to download the information but it wouldn’t download.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Absolutely love the different colors. Great job, I only wish I was that creative. With that said I think the different colors would look great on my Mojave Sand Limited. Any chance you could make another set and ship them to me? More than willing to pay for your time, materials and shipping. I did try to download the information but it wouldn’t download.
I certainly can. Let me figure that out and get back to you!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks.. question how did you attach 3d print to tailgate?

Question how did you attach 3d print to tailgate?
I initially used magnetic tape, which worked but wasn’t super secure. Then I just used some plain old double-sided Scotch Tape. Super simple, and will be easy to remove later should I choose to do so.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.