Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm no longer teetering. I ordered a Maverick hybrid today.

Still, I honestly can't wait to get a look at the Santa Cruz when it starts popping up in my area (central Ohio, U.S.).
Awesome... glad you were able to make a decision.. lots to consider. Did the dealer give an ETA for the Hybrid?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Awesome... glad you were able to make a decision.. lots to consider. Did the dealer give an ETA for the Hybrid?
The sales guy said November, but I think that delivery date is probably a bit of a pipe dream. The Maverick had 36k orders by mid-June, so I'm a ways to the back of the line. The hybrid is supposed to be a limited availability option, as well as the spray-in bed-liner. I ordered a hybrid Lariat with the Luxury package, which includes the spray-in liner.

So, I'm expecting delivery in early 2022, but time will tell. I actually waited to submit my order in hopes of pushing back delivery to next year.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow, what is even the point of 180W? I'm genuinely curious what people could use that for.
Charging a device I get. Slowly getting less excited about the SC. And I have been on this train since April. They should have just waited to reveal when they had more info. Or polled the room about some features earlier since they announced back in April d could have done so a bit sooner, and then made design adjustments.

A car with some crowdsourced opinions of reservation holders on interior, small feature adjustments, etc, would be great.

Would have helped the botched launch and made forgiving pricing delays easier.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wow, what is even the point of 180W? I'm genuinely curious what people could use that for.
That's enough for just about any laptop, but since laptops can now charge with USB-C why bother with the inefficiency of an inverter? I have one in my truck, and never use it, there's really no point. And for the times where you need mobile power like for various tools and what not, its more convenient to put our yamaha generator in the bed since you can bring that with you away from the vehicle if needed.

I'm not going to bother with that feature on either the SC or MV.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Charging a device I get. Slowly getting less excited about the SC. And I have been on this train since April. They should have just waited to reveal when they had more info. Or polled the room about some features earlier since they announced back in April d could have done so a bit sooner, and then made design adjustments.

A car with some crowdsourced opinions of reservation holders on interior, small feature adjustments, etc, would be great.

Would have helped the botched launch and made forgiving pricing delays easier.
Correction, the cabin outlet is also rated @ 180 watts. That is clearly visible in the dash screen images that have been out for months. So both bed and cabin have 180 watt outlets. Being an avid camper, I have many uses for 180 watts. I was not planning on taking and running my table saw camping. 400 vs 180.. clearly targeting different types of customers.

I feel your frustration... I have some issues as well... I wanted electric folding mirrors, driver seat position saving and the folding/retracting running boards. So it sounds like the SC is not a good fit for you... are you considering the Maverick like zeketollive?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Correction, the cabin outlet is also rated @ 180 watts. That is clearly visible in the dash screen images that have been out for months. So both bed and cabin have 180 watt outlets. Being an avid camper, I have many uses for 180 watts. I was not planning on taking and running my table saw camping. 400 vs 180.. clearly targeting different types of customers.

I feel your frustration... I have some issues as well... I wanted electric folding mirrors, driver seat position saving and the folding/retracting running boards. So it sounds like the SC is not a good fit for you... are you considering the Maverick like zeketollive?
The SC is still a pretty good fit, I just wish I could pick and choose the options in certain trims, since limited gets a couple downgrades.

180 is enough, but its not terribly flexible, which saddens me. There are similar quibbles I have on the Mav. I have a 2.0T AWD on order (0 down, dealer wants the order whether I but or not) and the Santa Cruz reservation. Test drive of SC will decide a lot.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The SC is still a pretty good fit, I just wish I could pick and choose the options in certain trims, since limited gets a couple downgrades.

180 is enough, but its not terribly flexible, which saddens me. There are similar quibbles I have on the Mav. I have a 2.0T AWD on order (0 down, dealer wants the order whether I but or not) and the Santa Cruz reservation. Test drive of SC will decide a lot.
I hear that... driving it will be huge for me as well and of course the final price. I can't wait to hear all the opinions once they start hitting dealers... keeping in mind that the $100 is fully refundable. :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also wanted elec folding mirrors to make it easy for garage parking but will put up with the many other new goodies don't currently have. As probably wife won't drive it anyway, seat position not a problem except when take it for service so yeah also good item. Not sure yet about running boards - folding would be nice to maneuver around it in the garage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In general, it seems like Hyundai aims for a demographic that values style above substance. Though, I have to admit...IF the Maverick didn't exist, I'd be buying a Santa Cruz.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think
In general, it seems like Hyundai aims for a demographic that values style above substance. Though, I have to admit...IF the Maverick didn't exist, I'd be buying a Santa Cruz.
Yes, a lot of us would have had to settle for a Maverick or Ranger if the Santa Cruz hadn't come along. ;)

Reactions: JMII

·
Registered
489 Posts
The lack of memory seats is a ridiculous over sight on Hyundai's part especially since the Tuscon has them :mad: Its literally the only thing the vehicle doesn't have that I want / need. This is a vehicle that my wife and I will both drive, so constantly adjusting the mirrors and seats back to our individual happy places is annoying. The darn car will particular drive itself with lane keeping and smart cruise control yet it will not remember where my seat goes? :rolleyes: UGH. I will forever be ticked off at Hyundai for this. My fear is two years from now they suddenly see the light and add this option.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The lack of memory seats is a ridiculous over sight on Hyundai's part especially since the Tuscon has them :mad: Its literally the only thing the vehicle doesn't have that I want / need. This is a vehicle that my wife and I will both drive, so constantly adjusting the mirrors and seats back to our individual happy places is annoying. The darn car will particular drive itself with lane keeping and smart cruise control yet it will not remember where my seat goes? :rolleyes: UGH. I will forever be ticked off at Hyundai for this. My fear is two years from now they suddenly see the light and add this option.
I thought they figured out the SC does have memory seats on top trim, but rather than a button you use the phone app or something.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I thought they figured out the SC does have memory seats on top trim, but rather than a button you use the phone app or something.
Nope that was just a rumor. The Blue Link app & Digital Key only allows for setting the climate control remotely. The SC manual does not have IMS (Integrated Memory Seats) listed as a function in the fuse diagram like the Tuscon does. Could be retro fitted? I'd love to look at a wiring diagram to see the difference between the two vehicles. Its very possible with the right parts the feature could be added.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nope that was just a rumor. The Blue Link app & Digital Key only allows for setting the climate control remotely. The SC manual does not have IMS (Integrated Memory Seats) listed as a function in the fuse diagram like the Tuscon does. Could be retro fitted? I'd love to look at a wiring diagram to see the difference between the two vehicles. Its very possible with the right parts the feature could be added.
I wonder if the lack of memory seats is a feature that was cut to save chips? We know 99% of the front of the cabin is a twin to the Tucson and the Digital Key remembers climate (and IIRC the audio settings)... but to add the seats/mirrors would have to make them electronic instead of just electric switch.

The seat & motors look identical - the question would be if the wiring is there for the seat memory unit and other components. I haven't found a full wiring diagram yet.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I wonder if the lack of memory seats is a feature that was cut to save chips? We know 99% of the front of the cabin is a twin to the Tucson and the Digital Key remembers climate (and IIRC the audio settings)... but to add the seats/mirrors would have to make them electronic instead of just electric switch.

The seat & motors look identical - the question would be if the wiring is there for the seat memory unit and other components. I haven't found a full wiring diagram yet.
Looking at the parts fiche, there are 8 different floor wiring harnesses... so i'd assume the wiring isn't there, unless they planned for it ahead of time. Possiblyl swap in a Tucson harness, but that would be a lot of work.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Looking at the parts fiche, there are 8 different floor wiring harnesses... so i'd assume the wiring isn't there, unless they planned for it ahead of time. Possiblyl swap in a Tucson harness, but that would be a lot of work.
I'd love to know. Not sure the door panels are 100% the same between the Tucson and the SC but they sure look darn close. Here is a tear down: 2022 SEL Premium Door Panel Teardown sadly its the passenger side and not the Limited which has IMS. I can't find a parts diagram for 2022 Tuscon yet... guess its still too new. The IMS buttons are in this small trim piece so if that part fits then cosmetically your good to go. I vinyl wrapped nearly this same piece on my wife's Infiniti Q60 because it was real metal and got scratched over time.
2022-hyundai-tucson-interior-front-door-panel.jpg

The different wiring harnesses might be for various features like heated and ventilated seats. So my question would be any differences when you compare both vehicles in the same Limited trim.

Does Hyundai have the option to pay to access all the repair info? For example GM has: GM Service Information (GMSi): Diagnostic Repair Manuals | ACDelco

121 - 140 of 157 Posts