Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have a 2022 Tucson Hybrid and love the Memory Seats but we never use the buttons on the door. In the Tucson the seat position is linked to the driver profile. When I get in I select my driver profile on the touchscreen and it moves the seat to my position; same for my wife. Maybe on the SC they just took the buttons out of the door but still have memory seats via the driver profiles?

·
Registered
151 Posts
In my wifes car it's a pain to hit the #2 button and wait for the seat to adjust.....Yea a luxury I can do without... and if she has her keys with her, it detects them and tries to smash me...She is 5.1" and I'm 5.9"
We usually don't drive each others cars much, but lately I've been driving hers more because of my gas-hog Chevy and I want to keep the mileage under 100,000 before trade in

·
Registered
372 Posts
Maybe on the SC they just took the buttons out of the door but still have memory seats via the driver profiles?
There is zero mention of it in the manual and the fuses aren't labeled as having IMS where in the Tuscon they are. The Blue Link manual doesn't mention it either, yet it appears to be a driver preference / profile setting but ONLY on the Tuscon. I can't see why they would leave the buttons off... that has to be the cheapest part of the system. At this point I'm 99% sure the SC does not have memory seats.

Here is the Tuscon manual and the SC manual side-by-side with the page describing how the Digital Key (driver personalization) works, notice Seat / Mirror is missing on the SC under USM (User's Setting Mode).

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is zero mention of it in the manual and the fuses aren't labeled as having IMS where in the Tuscon they are. The Blue Link manual doesn't mention it either, yet it appears to be a driver preference / profile setting but ONLY on the Tuscon. I can't see why they would leave the buttons off... that has to be the cheapest part of the system. At this point I'm 99% sure the SC does not have memory seats.

Here is the Tuscon manual and the SC manual side-by-side with the page describing how the Digital Key (driver personalization) works, notice Seat / Mirror is missing on the SC under USM (User's Setting Mode).

View attachment 1021
Well that really does suck. Can't understand why they would leave this out given how up-segment they are pricing the Santa Cruz.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If the seat frames do not contain the motorized mechanism, then there will be no reasonable way to fix this.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
The Limited has powered seats.

As I get more information about this (from a little birdie ;) ) its looking like adding this option may be possible with some parts and little bit of work. Now I doubt we would get all the wiz-bang stuff like the Tuscon (IE: Smart Key integration or driver preferences via the infotainment system) but as long as pushing the IMS button on the drivers door moves the seat between two positioins I'd be happy with that. Not sure it would move the mirrors too but that would be icing on the cake.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The Limited has powered seats.

As I get more information about this (from a little birdie ;) ) its looking like adding this option may be possible with some parts and little bit of work. Now I doubt we would get all the wiz-bang stuff like the Tuscon (IE: Smart Key integration or driver preferences via the infotainment system) but as long as pushing the IMS button on the drivers door moves the seat between two positioins I'd be happy with that. Not sure it would move the mirrors too but that would be icing on the cake.
This is why I really want a car system that all the safety and functional things are all running in a walled off system, but where the rest of all the convenience and custom systems are running on some open source setup. I imagine a situation where you could set up your own variables and memory space to hold all the details you want and then program what each button in your car does. With the new capacitive buttons if they make it to where the icons can be changed, this would be perfect. You could change any button you want to be a hotkey for whatever, and it could easily be wiped away by a factory reset if necessary. Want to set up an offroad mode that engages AWD lock, cracks the sunroof open, adjusts lumbar position, and switches to sport mode? Set it up and set a button to it.

This is an ideal situation for me and I would throw lots and lots of money at a company that allowed this. This goes doubly so for vehicles with cameras and other features as with machine vision and motion triggers the possibilities are endless.

For the really hard core you could get access to the walled off stuff and void your warrantee, but get more control such as directly reading certain sensors or using them to change engine behavior.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts