Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, born in California but my parents left as soon as possible 56 years ago lol

Currently on a 2019 Ranger and I really like it.. the engine and trans are great!... I surprise little hopped up civics all the time because they're trying to race the car on the other side and don't even suspect the truck... then I fly ahead...

Oh well, anyway... It's still a bit big for my needs and it still has a truck ride. I helped that with some different rear shocks. I debated over the Ridgeline RTL-E vs the Ranger but the Ranger (2wd) was cheaper by far. However, I still kept looking at the Ridgeline and the redesign they did made it look much better....

Then, the Santa Cruz photos/reviews started showing up and I'm thinking that was the size of truck-ette I wanted to begin with. I don't plan on towing much if ever and only need a Home Depot vehicle.. lol

Anyway, I'm lurking while I see how the 1st year model works out... I waited about 8 months for the Ranger pricing to come down off MSRP and some discounts to show up and I suspect the Santa Cruz - I keep wanted to type Santa Claus - will be similar.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Currently on a 2019 Ranger and I really like it.. the engine and trans are great!... It's still a bit big for my needs and it still has a truck ride. I helped that with some different rear shocks.
Thanks for the feedback. I am considering a Ranger and those are my fears about it - still too big and bouncy ride.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Oh well, anyway... It's still a bit big for my needs and it still has a truck ride. I helped that with some different rear shocks.
If Motortrend is to be believed, the Santa Cruz is going to have a self-leveling rear independent suspension. Should be not only more comfortable than the typical oversprung rear truck suspension, but handle like a sports car by comparison in the twisties... shift like one too most likely, as a 8-speed DCT should be able to really hammer up and down the gears quickly.

·
Registered
891 Posts
If Motortrend is to be believed, the Santa Cruz is going to have a self-leveling rear independent suspension.
Hopefully we will get more information on how they are going to pull this off.

And yes the DCT should make it a snappy shifter... I am not a fan of your typical automatic slush box.

My other car has a proper manual :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts