Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,963 Posts
I removed my front grill badge as I felt it was too large and not in style with the vehicle. I replaced it with a custom made badge for the theme of my Cruz.
Batman - Are you still out there lurking? How did you go about getting to and removing the large "H" emblem on the grill?

I removed the 10mm bolts and pop-in clips on the black plastic above it, but couldn't even figure out how to get that piece off. Please give us a step-by-step on removing that unsightly beast sized H. Thx!

· Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium, White
47 Posts
I removed my H.
Used couple plastic panel removers. There are two clips top and bottom edges and one on each side that pop out easy but I did break one of the bottom ones.
There is also two pins on the center portion of the H.
Wedged plastic pry tool and twisted it a little and it breaks the retainer off and comes out.
Painted my wrinkle black because it dries very hard and painted the inside of the logo light gray to help the H stand out.

Turned out pretty good, in my humble opinion and I will add a picture when I get a chance.

· Registered
2022 Phantom Black with gleeming detailed lines
105 Posts
Thanks Max SC. I believed prying a plastic tool in-between the opening of the face plate and badge would work. Just do not want to damage the face plate, still atached to the car.

· Registered
2022 Phantom Black with gleeming detailed lines
105 Posts
How does that new catch phrase go? Wait, What? So you removed the " H ", just to Plasti Dip it? Yi, Yi, Yi.... I will say though, it matches well with your hood decal. I have never been a white vehicle fan except on Mustangs, with the appropriate black trim pieces. Yet on the Santa Cruz, it looks so good.

· Registered
22 SC Limited • Hampton Gray
502 Posts
And a fail on the Kia logo?, maybe in some circles or circumstances….but IMO it looks modern…and I suspect that it’s just a matter of time till the new logo becomes easily recognizable and synonymous with the actual product/brand.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts